My full day review of the Galaxy Nexus extended battery

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I received my phone on friday and have been using it since so here is what i think about the phone. For the first few days i used it pretty heavy ran the battery all the way down a few times and did a full charge on it. battery life has actually been pretty good.
Well today was the true test, I work for a cable company as a field tech so I drive all over the place, today I put about 200 miles on my van, so Im going in and out of different cell areas all the time which is a huge battery drain. I use my phone pretty heavy while at work, I have my corporate Email pushing all day, my gmail, and my other email, and I talk on it maybe an average of 25-30 min a day. I use texting and google talk/video pretty regularly, I also do all the social fun, Facebook, Twitter, Google+. I keep wireless and 4G turned on all day. I am very pleased with my results for being on 4G most of the day, my Droid X2 got about 13 hours on 3G with this same routine. Im not sure why so many others have a hard time with the battery on this phone, maybe its the area. 4G around where I live is pretty much everywhere, it was on 3G maybe for about 10-15 min. I know i could of gotten at least another 20 min of use of what was left at 7%. So far IM LOVING THIS PHONE! There are a few bugs that are aggravating but im not worried I know they will be addressed, Moto was pretty good at fixing their annoying bugs so im sure google will be on it.

Screenshot_2011-12-19-20-13-10.png

Screenshot_2011-12-19-20-13-18.png

animalwatcher

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the extended and have barely 8 hours, with no talking just web and a bit of texting. How do you get the screen down to 35%? Mind is 66 at the lowest when I've dropped the brightness to low low. Mostly 75 or higher. I run the battery down to less than 10% then recharge.

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I keep my brightness on auto, I know people say its grainy when its low, my guess is they have bifocals on lol cause its really not that bad.

BHD2786

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Standard battery .... normal use.

All I did was condition the battery once.

I did show the phone off a bit to some coworkers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Standard battery .... normal use.

All I did was condition the battery once.

I did show the phone off a bit to some coworkers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nice yeah i was getting upwards to 14-15 hours with normal use, which isnt much use lol

SammyRocker5150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Great review! I also have the extended battery. i probably use battery eating features a little less as i can go about 13 hours for the same amount of battery. Batterly life kicks ass on this!

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using Juice Defender?? I just downloaded it this morning and it seems to be making a big difference for me today. I really didn't think I was using my phone all that much previously, but my battery life wasn't anywhere near what others have been showing.

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using Juice Defender?? I just downloaded it this morning and it seems to be making a big difference for me today. I really didn't think I was using my phone all that much previously, but my battery life wasn't anywhere near what others have been showing.

Used juice defender on my DX2 wasn't a huge fan of it.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Actually, I am using it on my GN now. I also wasn't a huge fan of Juice Defender with my previous Thunderbolt. I think it works a lot better with my GN. If I use minimally with 1hr of on-screen time, I last almost 40hrs on a charge. I receive and send 10 to 20 messages, and 5 to 10 emails. 1 or 2 short voice talk. With the Thunderbolt, turning off and on the LTE radio was a pain with Juice Defender. However, GN seems to work a lot better with it. I highly recommend it, especially if you are a light/moderate user.