Stuck on Bootloader Screen

austin7163

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to unlock my phone, but the computer couldn't recognize the phone after I booted into the bootloader. Now I'm stuck and I can't select the start button on the bootloader screen (I can't select anything), nor can my computer communicate with the phone.

I'm afraid to do a battery pull, but I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Suggestions?

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Just unplug and do a battery pull. Sometimes things freeze up, you should be able to fix anything that went wrong through adb if necessary.

PM me let me know what happens, or post back in here with an update.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You also might have to install a USB driver that recognizes the phone (this is a known problem, happened to a lot of us that unlocked in the first day or two of release).

Check the following thread, for information and links on getting a working USB driver. I downloaded my driver from the xda-developers forum, and it worked like a champ. The one included in the Android Developer SDK nor the official Samsung USB driver worked:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/136580-how-oem-unlock-galaxy-nexus.html

Reactions: iastonish

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You also might have to install a USB driver that recognizes the phone (this is a known problem, happened to a lot of us that unlocked in the first day or two of release).

Check the following thread, for information and links on getting a working USB driver. I downloaded my driver from the xda-developers forum, and it worked like a champ. The one included in the Android Developer SDK nor the official Samsung USB driver worked:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/136580-how-oem-unlock-galaxy-nexus.html

Can you link the driver from XDA?

Edit; I installed PDANet on my Win XP 32bit machine and everything was lovely after that. I also loaded the phone by pressing VOLUME UP & DOWN + POWER instead of using cmd prompt. After I selected START after the bootloader was unlocked, the bootup animation did it's thing for about 2-3minutes, reset to the Google unlock screen and did the boot animation for another minute or so then loaded the OS. SO for those freaking out during this time, just unplug the usb cable and let it do it's thing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DigitalPunk140