Galaxy Nexus Laggy?

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Definitely lags in landscape typing.
Mine only lags in facebook....other than that (like right now typing this) I can type as fast as i want and i gots no lag whatsoever. Im not experiencing any of the other problems either so maybe i got lucky.

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
For the most part, I love my Galaxy Nexus. However, it seems to sometimes get laggy. Scrolling through the app menus can be a bit choppy, and apps can take a few seconds to close. Judging from reviews, it seems most people are having a flawless experience, so does anyone have any suggestions for speeding up my Nexus? (I did briefly unlock the bootloader and root before unrooting and re-locking the bootloader, could that be a factor?)

The only place I have noticeable lag is when I'm in the market scrolling through app lists. Then it gets pretty choppy.

I am also paranoid that the unlocking and rooting caused issues, because I only noticed the lag afterwards. However, I'm thinking that is all in my head. I've unrooted but not yet relocked my Nexus.

Let me know if you get yours to stop being laggy in the market app.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I didnt mention live wallpaper lag cuz its a given. They look awesome but im not sure why they keep adding them to these phones because they have yet to make a phone run right with them running. Whats it going to take to run live wall papers without lag.....6 cores running at 3 gigs with a gpu to match? Damn you live wallpapers, how you tease me so.

Not to sound like a troll, but the samsung galaxy S 2 with the exynos processor can run any live wallpaper with no lag even with over 400 megs of ram being used up. I was very disappointed when they talk about how hardware acceleration would close the performance gap between the omap 4460 to the exynos but that does not seem like the case.

However a lot of honeycomb tablet folks are saying that wallpapers are poorly written so it doesn't matter how fast the hardware is, it will always cause lag.

nexusvergil

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I noticed lag with live wall paper, but I turned if off. If I have a ton of apps open at once it can lag.

Wow, came here looking for a solution to my lag, and bam. In the first few days i changed so many variables, figuring out what was causing the lag was difficult. Very snappy on non-live wallpaper. Really like the live wallpapers though. Thanks for your help.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've seen some lag when I use the Galaxy Nexus while its charging. It's odd but I've noticed this same behavior with touchscreen phones from different manufacturers. I saw the same issue with my Storm 2 and Thunderbolt.

Sent using Tapatalk

I would bet that you are using the same charging cord for all of these phones. I don't know why the cord that you use matters, but try using the one that came with your GNEX, and see if that helps with the lag.

makewayhomer

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I had to turn off landscape mode in gmail it was lagging so badly. it took multiple seconds (literally, sometimes up to 7 seconds) for it to switch back and forth between portrait and landscape in gmail

I'm rooted running stock ics

KneeDragr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Not to sound like a troll, but the samsung galaxy S 2 with the exynos processor can run any live wallpaper with no lag even with over 400 megs of ram being used up. I was very disappointed when they talk about how hardware acceleration would close the performance gap between the omap 4460 to the exynos but that does not seem like the case.

However a lot of honeycomb tablet folks are saying that wallpapers are poorly written so it doesn't matter how fast the hardware is, it will always cause lag.

Ive got almost 20 years programming realtime 3D graphics and its very easy to write slow graphics code, but you would be amazed with how much you can draw if its written well.

My guess is a lot of the slower live wallpapers do not use OpenGL, or use it very poorly. Its not to say they are bad programmers, but graphics programming is a very mysterious art. Things that are easy to do, that you would think should be no problem, could actually be obscenely slow. At my job there are always well schooled junior programmers accidentally slowing down the rendering by orders of magnitude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty