Mark on screen normal?

ccjjr59

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Could someone please confirm if the very faint semi circle in the lower left corner is normal while on the Settings screen? Must not be on the glass if it shows up on a screen shot?

4404f094-5952-c087.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
He's referring to the very slight fade on the left corner. Its a little hard to see at first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kekeau

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine has marks at the left bottom corner as well. But they only can be seen when the phone is turned on with black background (take a blank photo) and at a dark environment (at night). I tried to get it exchanged but was refused by the dealer as they cannot see anything. By the way, the photo here didnot show anything.

jimmybigshot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I would hate to try to sell you something.... I, along with most everyone else cannot see a "semi-circle". I can't believe this is even being talked about.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine has marks at the left bottom corner as well. But they only can be seen when the phone is turned on with black background (take a blank photo) and at a dark environment (at night). I tried to get it exchanged but was refused by the dealer as they cannot see anything. By the way, the photo here didnot show anything.

I have one tiny spot, so small in fact, that until I looked in that area (lower left, just above back button) I had never seen it before.

It has the appearance of a dim pixel, but it's too small I believe to be that.

I can only see it if I look hard for it and I can't see it at all on a light or totally black background.

P.S. Also It practically disappears at any brightness setting under 50-60%.

ccjjr59

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I apologize, I realized I was seeing the semi circle still because I was posting from my phone and the image attachment was showing on top of that same portion of the screen.

I think it may just be AMOLED banding? Only really see it on the grey settings screen.

I have attached a photo, it looks like a very fine hair semi circle going over and to the right of "Apps"