charging issue

zegil77

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
something strange is happening. Last night i flashed the latest theory rom 2.1. Now i'm noticing an issue when i have it plugged into the charger....the phone doesn't want to charge when I'm touching it. It is strange, but true. If i pick my phone up when it is plugged it will no longer charge.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with a setting that i'm missing or perhaps something else, but i've never had this issue before.

I noticed this because every time i moved the phone while it was on the charger the screen would turn on.

Has anyone else notice this issue?

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
something strange is happening. Last night i flashed the latest theory rom 2.1. Now i'm noticing an issue when i have it plugged into the charger....the phone doesn't want to charge when I'm touching it. It is strange, but true. If i pick my phone up when it is plugged it will no longer charge.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with a setting that i'm missing or perhaps something else, but i've never had this issue before.

I noticed this because every time i moved the phone while it was on the charger the screen would turn on.

Has anyone else notice this issue?

Is it the charger that came with it? I noticed a weird thing the other day... I was using a Blackberry charger and it was working fine until I watch a YouTube video... Twice in 10 minutes my phone just BAM shut off... Not rebooted, but just shut off. I have no proof it was the charger, but I remember when the OG Droid came out people had strange things happen to that device when using a different charger... I dunno.

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
This might be unrelated, but ever since I put in an extended battery in my phone, the phone periodically doesn't charge. Then I reboot and that often fixes it.

zegil77

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok....it seems to be an issue with the samsung charger. I"m not sure what....but i done have the issue when i use the charger that i keep by my bed. but If i plug the samsung charger in that outlet...it does it again.

I never had this issue before this afternoon.

georgekastanza

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I posted this on another thread. I think the problem is in the Android software. I started having intermittent trouble charging after my phone update.

pinch2zoom

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree problem could be software related. My phone just stopped charging yesterday and even after trying multiple chargers and a battery pull I had no luck. I turned off "allow google...gps' and pulled the sim card and it started charging immediately after that although it may have been the 2nd battery pull that did the trick, hard to say. On another note...signal reception seems poor? hope upgrade addresses this and horrendous external speaker!!!...Otherwise phone is awesome.

dnargsiefil

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
This might be unrelated, but ever since I put in an extended battery in my phone, the phone periodically doesn't charge. Then I reboot and that often fixes it.

I got my Nexus just last Friday and I see the same issue. It sometimes refuses to recognize that a charge cable is plugged in. It does not matter if 3rd party cable, original Nexus cable, wall plugin, car charger plugin, or computer USB connection.

It may have something to do with the notification that you should now plug it into a charger...

Looks to me like a software bug, since all works again as soon as you power it down... without removing the plugin it starts charging...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa