Setting up Tasker

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am new to android, coming from years of blackberry use. So far I am loving my experience with the Nexus, and don't think I could ever turn back. The only thing I miss so far is my corporate email, but hopefully they will support he platform soon.

I had many apps that i used to tweak my bb, so naturally I am drawn to Tasker. I am curious how folks are using it beyond using location to control WiFi, and automatically sending some SMS. I am in the trial phase and feel like I need a few more tricks it can do that will be useful before I plop down the cost of the license.

scottandtisha

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My use of Tasker is fairly simple. I use the "Wifi Near" feature to determine if I'm at: (1) Home (2) Work (3) Church (4) Dr Office ... etc and set my volumes accordingly. I also have it set to turn volume all the way up if I'm plugged in to power AND headset (which means I'm in my car) or to turn volume about halfway up if I'm NOT plugged in to power but plugged in on headset (which means I'm using earbuds).

As you mentioned, I also control Wifi at some of these locations.

As for work email ... try Touchdown 2.0. Amazon had it for $8.95 or so at one time (normally 19.95), but it is amazing. It has a 30 day free trial you can try (just download the software and if you like it, you download a separate KEY file to unlock your version).

I couldn't live without Touchdown.

Reactions: SteelGator

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The big ones I use most frequently in Tasker are:
  1. Lower media volume when I plug in headphones. (I always leave it cranked up to the max, thanks to that tinny speaker.)
  2. Show a list of apps to launch when I plug in my headphones.
  3. Put phone on silent from the hours of 10PM-8AM.

Reactions: SteelGator

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch