Screen difference? You be the judge!

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Received a replacement gnex today for radio issues. Radio is working great and confirmed at least to me some devices are radio defective. However, that's not why I am writing this... noticed my NEW gnex screen has a warm and yellow tint. At first I hated it, but really have no choice because my data is great now. I am posting some pictures for you guys to judge for yourself. Keep in my mind what you see in the picture is not exactly what I see in person, but its close enough to see differences. Let me what you think.

*note: the phone with grey service bar is the old gnex.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamison417/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
bad images to display from. try using standard ones. like google.com the "my apps" page from the market. I've already went through a few replacements and those are where the differences are most notable. also try turning the brightness all the way down and comparing.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's my computer but I can't see any difference...certainly not one that wouldn't be justified by the angle of light etc hitting each device where it lays. Yes, my eyesight is perfect. Anyway, glad to hear you got a better device. I wouldn't know this wasn't the dopest phone on the planet if I didn't frequent this sight when it's slow at work. Neither would most of my coworkers/friends.

That said, funny how it seems the haters own Rezounds/Razrs and not iOS/WebOS devices these days. I can't help but see that as some form of buyer's remorse. Of course, I think they're fine devices, but I passed on them for a reason. My reasons are my own, but they were decided in real life.To each their own I guess.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I click on the link and it tells me you have nothing to share with me. You should post the pictures instead of a link.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Posted better pictures.. did the best I could.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This is what I get when I click on the link.

"jamison417 doesn't have anything available to you."

Now maybe it is because I'm not a member of Flickr, don't know. But this is why you should post the pictures in this forum and not just a link if you truly what people to see and comment on them.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that is definitely noticeable. Mine looks like your original one. Maybe try one more and hope the new update fixes the radio if another device has an issue.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
In the first pic, the 2 phones side by side with multi colored wallpaper at 4:32..... IMO the one on the right looks a LOT better. the one one the left looks washed out like there arent any color definitions.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
IS the "new" one a certified like new replacement? or is it a brand new unit? Maybe the screen takes some time to "break in" ...... either way your old one looks a ton better, I think I would send the new one back and see if the 4.0.3 update fixes your radio issues on your old nexus

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
@PauldroidR2D2, Originally I thought screen shots would work, however they take shots of the system and when them shots are displayed on correctly working screen they look perfect.

@Opusx, The paperwork states it is a "certified like new" device. I believe I am going to keep my original and flash a rom for 4.0.3 until an official release. Unless Verizon offers to replace again. They have already confirmed that it is an issue and will be getting back to me about it tomorrow.

I thought maybe it could be something that needs some time to settle in, but after hours of use and pictures being taken, no difference. I still have 4 days until I have to return a phone so I will keep comparing the two.

Also whoever asked for the radio screens, I will get them posted ASAP, not home at the moment. Check back soon.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting.
I convinced VZW to send me a loner Charge while I sent out mine to samsung to replace the sim card slot and audio out components.

The loner's screen was noticeably less saturated.

I wonder if this is an issue across the board with manufacturers or if this is just a samsung issue.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah could be... the rep had mentioned to me, I may have to deal with Samsung directly. I beat around the statement because I won't do that, they can send me another replacement that works correctly.

Doing a bit of research the .10 baseband is coming with 4.0.3. So Verizon is apparently putting this baseband update on its replacement phones without 4.0.3. If they could just put that on my original device, all would most likely be solved.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah could be... the rep had mentioned to me, I may have to deal with Samsung directly. I beat around the statement because I won't do that, they can send me another replacement that works correctly.

Doing a bit of research the .10 baseband is coming with 4.0.3. So Verizon is apparently putting this baseband update on its replacement phones without 4.0.3. If they could just put that on my original device, all would most likely be solved.

Its odd that it came with a different baseband. Its also odd because the radio versions are the same. Wonder what the difference is?