Google Updates..

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Why don't u just move along get a rzr maxx. Being a nexus owner means being Google's h. I have no issues with. My nexi if I did I found a fix for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Move along? I prefer not to. Sorry. **shrugs**

You're the second person to suggest a Razr. Thanks for the advice, but there is nothing attractive (to me) about that phone. Sorry again. **shrugs again**

I am glad your Nexus is working well. It's nice to see not everyone got a bum device. I have returned my Nexus. I am hoping Jerry is correct and down the road I can repurchase a Nexus. Waiting 6 months for the device to get tweaked seems reasonable. Waiting 2 long years with a device that is pure crap is not.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Move along? I prefer not to. Sorry. **shrugs**

You're the second person to suggest a Razr. Thanks for the advice, but there is nothing attractive (to me) about that phone. Sorry again. **shrugs again**

I am glad your Nexus is working well. It's nice to see not everyone got a bum device. I have returned my Nexus. I am hoping Jerry is correct and down the road I can repurchase a Nexus. Waiting 6 months for the device to get tweaked seems reasonable. Waiting 2 long years with a device that is pure crap is not.

The last sentence is what I think is creating a problem at least here. You have repeatedly claimed that the device is complete crap. Bottom line, many of us, do not believe the device is complete crap.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
The last sentence is what I think is creating a problem at least here. You have repeatedly claimed that the device is complete crap. Bottom line, many of us, do not believe the device is complete crap.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding my last sentence. Please allow me to clarify. If Google is able to fix these issues via software updates, then we will have an epic device.

If Google is not able to fix these issues via software updates, then this device will be best described as my last sentence states.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
As jerry as mentioned we are Google's beta testers. The next update will fix something and also break something. If u dont want to wait build or run a asop 4.0.3 rom plenty out there. The new vzw radios are out that helps.
Perhaps you are misunderstanding my last sentence. Please allow me to clarify. If Google is able to fix these issues via software updates, then we will have an epic device.

If Google is not able to fix these issues via software updates, then this device will be best described as my last sentence states.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Get something else. A nexus device is not for you, based on your own statements.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I don't think I'm misunderstanding. You dislike the Galaxy Nexus and are expecting things to happen to it, that are not probably the most realistic.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why people are freaking out so much. This is the best Android phone I've ever used, straight out of the box, beta tester or not. My data is strong, and my battery is very solid. I have two issues, that I hope get fixed with an update: 1) lag with the app switcher; and 2) the occasional screeching and popping noise that comes from the earpiece during calls (this is the biggest issue, but at least it's not constant). And despite these, this phone is still not poop and I would recommend it anytime, and have.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why people are freaking out so much. This is the best Android phone I've ever used, straight out of the box, beta tester or not. My data is strong, and my battery is very solid. I have two issues, that I hope get fixed with an update: 1) lag with the app switcher; and 2) the occasional screeching and popping noise that comes from the earpiece during calls (this is the biggest issue, but at least it's not constant). And despite these, this phone is still not poop and I would recommend it anytime, and have.

Oh, and I also have a 4S that I haven't even activated because I don't want to give up this phone.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think most of us with signal problems are the ones complaining about the update. Every phone I've ever had has had bugs, but this particular issue is game breaking to those of us it affects. We'd just like to know what's going on, but this forum isn't the place to get answers.

Reactions: jroc

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Have u flashed the 4.0.3 radios they tend to help some.
I think most of us with signal problems are the ones complaining about the update. Every phone I've ever had has had bugs, but this particular issue is game breaking to those of us it affects. We'd just like to know what's going on, but this forum isn't the place to get answers.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I think updates should come across like app updates do, every time they conform a fix it comes across.

Well, if an app upgrade causes the app to stop working you can decide to stop using the app. What do you do if the Android update causes Android to stop working?

I do NOT want Android upgraded like apps.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Have u flashed the 4.0.3 radios they tend to help some.

No. I'm rooted and unlocked, but really have no desire to flash to get the radio update that will come OTA.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

I can't believe you are complaining about the performance of the Galaxy Nexus and you are on a Droid Charge. You wanna talk about garbage that phone, more than your overall statement sums garbage up pretty well. Had that POS from day one and let me tell you, buggy, laggy and horrid battery life. And this is close to a year later. At least a few months into it the GNEX will be better than it was upon release.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Updates will come when they're ready. It's obviously not yet (otherwise it would be pushed out by now).

I say again, Nexus does not mean weekly updates. If you really want to be on the bleeding edge, then unlock your device and flash one of the many available 4.0.3 custom ROMs that are available. It's what makes a Nexus great! :)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Updates will come when they're ready. It's obviously not yet (otherwise it would be pushed out by now).

I say again, Nexus does not mean weekly updates. If you really want to be on the bleeding edge, then unlock your device and flash one of the many available 4.0.3 custom ROMs that are available. It's what makes a Nexus great! :)

I think the main advantage we have as Nexus owners is that our phones OS is not bogged down by a middle man like the Droid line of phones are. We don't have to wait for the manufacturer and service providers add ons.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Reactions: moosc

NorCalStorm

Oct 31, 2009
www.twitter.com
Well my friends T-Mobile Nexus S received 4.03 which does suck considering the Galaxy Nexus still stuck on 4.03. I just wish they would synchronize release dates for updates so that everyone is on the same page I.E the whole ICS for Xoom owners.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Pretty difficult to do with multiple products. The thing is xoom there are a few variants world wide
And only one google experience device which got the update
Well my friends T-Mobile Nexus S received 4.03 which does suck considering the Galaxy Nexus still stuck on 4.03. I just wish they would synchronize release dates for updates so that everyone is on the same page I.E the whole ICS for Xoom owners.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe you are complaining about the performance of the Galaxy Nexus and you are on a Droid Charge. You wanna talk about garbage that phone, more than your overall statement sums garbage up pretty well. Had that POS from day one and let me tell you, buggy, laggy and horrid battery life. And this is close to a year later. At least a few months into it the GNEX will be better than it was upon release.

I had a Charge, other than gps slowness I thought it was a good phone. Would not classify as POS. Battery life was decent after GB update.