Nexus No Audio & Auto Restarts?

gspuds95

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Having a problem with the audio on my Nexus. Sometimes it quits working in media and everything. The screen locks up also. The phone will also shut down and restart usually twice. Comes back on usually non-responsive. Take the battery out for a while helps sometimes. Yes I have downloaded approx. 25 apps. in the last 3 days. They all worked fine on my Samsung "Charge". That phone was replaced by the Nexus after having camera problem with it. Again, have had Nexus for 3 days.
Any Help??

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Having a problem with the audio on my Nexus. Sometimes it quits working in media and everything. The screen locks up also. The phone will also shut down and restart usually twice. Comes back on usually non-responsive. Take the battery out for a while helps sometimes. Yes I have downloaded approx. 25 apps. in the last 3 days. They all worked fine on my Samsung "Charge". That phone was replaced by the Nexus after having camera problem with it. Again, have had Nexus for 3 days.
Any Help??

Could be a bad app, remember the Nexus runs Android 4.0 ICS and some apps arent optimized for it yet.

I would personally start with a factory reset, then maybe slowly over the course of a week or so re-add those apps to your phone, especially watching for ones that require permissions to access the audio of your device.

It's also possible you got a lemon, this issue hasn't been discussed in here before AFAIK.

Which apps have you noticed it doing this in specifically?

gspuds95

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It usually happens before I start an app., the slow response, nonresponding icons etc. then the lockup and restarting automatically. Do you think it's worth trying to uninstall one app. at a time and monitor. Or like you said Reset? I have reset so many time over last month for my old "Charge" phone. I am just trying to avoid that?? By the way, thanks for quick reply!
I hate lemons. Hope I did not get another