Running Codename 1.1.1.

The Wifi Hotspot that came with the rom doesn't work. SVTP Wifi, Wifi Tether, and Wireless Tether don't work either.

Is there a WIFI hotspot app that works? Will the new release of CNA have that feature working?

Joey
    02-12-2012 10:43 AM
    Running Codename 1.1.1.

The Wifi Hotspot that came with the rom doesn't work. SVTP Wifi, Wifi Tether, and Wireless Tether don't work either.

Is there a WIFI hotspot app that works? Will the new release of CNA have that feature working?

Joey
    Another poster had suggested "FoxFi". Its a new app and in beta, however I have used it 3 times so far with no problems. I cant garuntee it will work on your rom, but it definitely works on 4.0.4 and probably on stock 4.0.2
    02-12-2012 02:11 PM
    My suggestion:
    Run "Wireless Tether for Root Users" from here:
    android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
    on this ROM: [ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips
    from here: [ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips - xda-developers

I'm running both and it is near perfection.
    The ROM I've linked above also has a package that enables un-restricted native tethering/removes Verizon tethering provisioning.
    02-12-2012 04:09 PM
    Wireless Tether for root users isn't working for you? What kind of error are you getting?
    02-12-2012 04:27 PM
    FOXFI definitely works. Used it to watch the UNC v Duke game the other night while helping out at a women's shelter that lacked wifi.
    02-13-2012 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD