Which Wifi Hotspot Works?

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Running Codename 1.1.1.

The Wifi Hotspot that came with the rom doesn't work. SVTP Wifi, Wifi Tether, and Wireless Tether don't work either.

Is there a WIFI hotspot app that works? Will the new release of CNA have that feature working?

Joey

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Running Codename 1.1.1.

The Wifi Hotspot that came with the rom doesn't work. SVTP Wifi, Wifi Tether, and Wireless Tether don't work either.

Is there a WIFI hotspot app that works? Will the new release of CNA have that feature working?

Joey

Another poster had suggested "FoxFi". Its a new app and in beta, however I have used it 3 times so far with no problems. I cant garuntee it will work on your rom, but it definitely works on 4.0.4 and probably on stock 4.0.2

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion:
Run "Wireless Tether for Root Users" from here:
android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
on this ROM: [ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips
from here: [ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips - xda-developers

I'm running both and it is near perfection.
The ROM I've linked above also has a package that enables un-restricted native tethering/removes Verizon tethering provisioning.

tzoller

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
FOXFI definitely works. Used it to watch the UNC v Duke game the other night while helping out at a women's shelter that lacked wifi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non