One word... WOW!!!

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a GSM Galaxy Nexus and I was completely blown away by it. I have used several Gingerbread devices and actually got to the point where I really hated Android and went to an iPhone 4s (thank you HTC Sensation). Well I'm glad I came back to try out Ice Cream Sandwich. Its very smooth on 4.0.2 and I love the animations. I love how fast and responsive the device is. Now I did notice a slight delay while in the app drawer but this "lag" was not the normal lag I have experienced on other Android devices... if that makes sense?

The one thing that sticks out has got to be the screen. I think that's where the WOW factor comes into play. I think it looks nicer than the Galaxy S II screen on AT&T. The new 720p resolution is sick!!!! Not only is the screen beyond awesome but the form factor is like no other. No its not the iPhone's but its good in its own way. I love the curve, and I think its make it more comfortable to hold.

Now, the only thing to sightly annoy me was the low volume and that's so minor its practically irrelevant. I was just wondering if anyone can share their Volume+ settings.

But all in all this device is awesome and will only get better in time. I love that I am getting updates directly from Google, instead of waiting for the manufacture. Hopefully the Verizon Galaxy Nexus gets them from Google too and doesn't have to wait for Verizon to approve them.

The only thing that is driving me nuts is the fact that I'm not using the Nexus yet as my phone because my screen protector and case haven't arrived!!!!! The wait is gonna kill me. :eek:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
1. Use your phone. Don't wait for the case and protectors. Are you that rough on your phones?

2. You do realize that this is the VERIZON Galaxy Nexus forum, right? ;)

Glad you like your phone, though. :)

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Use your phone. Don't wait for the case and protectors. Are you that rough on your phones?

2. You do realize that this is the VERIZON Galaxy Nexus forum, right? ;)

Glad you like your phone, though. :)

Oh I'm careful with my phones but with a phone anything can happen.

Yes I know this is Verizon but the AT&T Galaxy Nexus forum is kinda dead. Probably since there is no official release. ):

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm in love with this device as well. Had it since 12/15 launch and still not even a thought of switching. I usually pick up a new phone every couple months but I think I've found a keeper.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Bionic still motorola cant swap software. Same goes with nexus same name but different software n radios that is why there are separate forums.
But the RAZR and Bionic are different phones, while the Nexus, CDMA or GSM is still the Nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
You can solve your volume problems with Volume+ (Full Version). It worked so well I added it to my Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. It's less than $2 on the market.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You can solve your volume problems with Volume+ (Full Version). It worked so well I added it to my Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. It's less than $2 on the market.

I had sound distortion using Volume+, don't know if it was the cause or not but on my replacement device (replaced for loss of data) I didn't install volume+ and have not had distortion.

Have you noticed any distortion on yours?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So since the RAZR MAXX forum is dead I should post about how much I love the MAXX in the Bionic forum? ;)

Well as someone else already stated the GSM model is practically the same device with the exception of the internal storage, LTE, and battery. I don't need Verizon service to post about my nexus here.

I had purchased the App last summer and it worked very well on the HTC Sensation. Though, I can't seem to get it to work properly on the Nexus.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the curved back is a very cool feature of the GN. Interesting in that it is very reminiscent of the contours of my iPad (maybe Apple will sue Samsung like the do Google for patent infringement lol). In the Jobs biography it said that because the curves were such a big design feature and because so many buyers were covering their iPad backs, they decided to come out with the magnetic colored covers that just cover the top and shut off the sceen making screen covers unneccessary and the back/sides uncovered (I have one it's great). I guess there's no way to do that with the GN because there's no place on the top for the magnet to stick. I wouldn't ever cover the back of it though.

iviustang50h

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that this applies to the GSM version, but the app drawer lagginess went away completely when I flashed the 4.04 leak. It's now "smooth as butta." I've seen people saying the 4.04 update fixes the low volume issues as well, but that is not the case with my phone (it's still the same).

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know that this applies to the GSM version, but the app drawer lagginess went away completely when I flashed the 4.04 leak. It's now "smooth as butta." I've seen people saying the 4.04 update fixes the low volume issues as well, but that is not the case with my phone (it's still the same).

Running 4.0.2 on the GSM version the app drawer only stuttered the first time I went in there. After that it was very smooth. Can't wait to see what 4.0.5 will bring next month.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh the Bionic...what a piece. Worst months of my life.

i feel so bad for all the people who held off on the tbolt or just waited in anticipation for the bionic ... only for it to be eh ... and then the razr comes out six weeks later! hahaha. actually i dont feel bad. ok, a little.

and then the purchasers of the razr... get the maxx three weeks later.

sucks to buy motorola.

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I had sound distortion using Volume+, don't know if it was the cause or not but on my replacement device (replaced for loss of data) I didn't install volume+ and have not had distortion.

Have you noticed any distortion on yours?

I haven't had the distortion problem. Just a significant increase in volume.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your GSM Gnex, it's a nice phone and I prefer it over the Verizon Gnex. I had one but sold it and kept my Verizon version. I wanted to keep it but, Verizon's voice service is just too good and I also have unlimited 4G. A lot of the issues you talked about will be cleared up with the 4.04 update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa