Home screen in Landscape

08BlkCaliSRT4

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks like just a little bug. I was on my home screen holding my Nexus like if it was in landscape and was started to pull my Notification bar and the whole home screen layout went into landscape mode. I took a screen of it and after I did that it went back to normal. I am not rooted and running 100% stock ICS.

ed27c190.png

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah mine puts the homescreen and active call screen in landscape mode all the time. but it's only for a second or two. i don't think it's a bug, but rather a feature that will be fully functional with a future update.

notice how your home screen looks well organized and thought out in landscape mode? that tells me it's not a bug.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It will automatically go into landscape if you connect an HDMI cable. So, we know that capability is there. Some app must have hinted to the OS that an HDMI cable was attached.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey all I was going to start a new thread on this, but then I saw this one.

I recently downloaded (then deleted) (then redownloaded) (then deleted again) Nova Launcher. Now my homescreen flips to landscape while on the home screen mode. It's not a huge deal, but it's a little bit annoying sometimes because I do a lot of sideways reading on my phone in the morning when I'm too tired to lift my head. Reboots/battery pulls haven't worked.. wonder if there are any solutions to get it back to normal other than completely disabling auto rotate or doing a complete wipe?

EDIT: Weird, I went to go take a screenshot to post on here. Seems to have fixed itself... just took a few days to get over it. Thanks anyway Android Central.