Big Red Galaxy Nexus getting 4.0.4 IMM76K?

luckylui

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Tech said check Verizon galaxy nexus support and info can be found there about the update. They can't push it. Its not even in there system! Its all luck of the draw for the next person up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with level 2 support and the guy said they are doing a soak test in specific markets, and there is not yet a timetable for the full OTA rollout since they want to see how this test goes. I couldn't get him to do a push out to my phone, he claimed I would have to be in one of the specific markets. He DID say that it seems to fix the radio issues from the early testing results.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So from what I can gather, only the Verizon Corporate Galaxy Nexus' are getting updated to 4.0.4. No one has actually received the update.

Negative...several users have posted that their device has gotten the update.

Isn't that cause for a lawsuit then? If a purchasable item is displayed as having some update, and said item is what you want to purchase, shouldn't that purchased item have the latest update then?

Really? You want to sue them for testing an update on a small batch of phones to verify there are no issues prior to releasing it to the masses?

What's wrong with people today?

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Negative...several users have posted that their device has gotten the update.

Really? You want to sue them for testing an update on a small batch of phones to verify there are no issues prior to releasing it to the masses?

What's wrong with people today?

I'm not saying I want to sue them. This is standard business practice. It's like advertising. Haven't you ever noticed Best Buy would put signs up if there is an error in their ads? They do that because they don't want to get sued.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying I want to sue them. This is standard business practice. It's like advertising. Haven't you ever noticed Best Buy would put signs up if there is an error in their ads? They do that because they don't want to get sued.

They do that so they can correct their ad and don't have to give people stuff that is accidentally put in... nothing to do with being sued

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
They do that so they can correct their ad and don't have to give people stuff that is accidentally put in... nothing to do with being sued

I worked at a best buy before. It was because they were getting sued.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
But it is also standard practice for providers to "soak test" new updates prior to full release. It makes more sense. This way if the update causes issues, they only have to deal with the limited pool of updated phones vs. everyone calling and complaining that the update screwed their phone.

There is no error here...its done intentionally so there is nothing to sue over.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got off of the phone with VZW tech support. They insisted that the Galaxy Nexus handset has not even been released in the United States yet, therefore it is not possible for any updates to exist.

I believe the rep's name was Peggy

jkcarrol

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got off of the phone with VZW tech support. They insisted that the Galaxy Nexus handset has not even been released in the United States yet, therefore it is not possible for any updates to exist.

hahahahha

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Oh ok that explains everything.. Thank god someone at Verizon knows what's going on.

Lmao :)

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Hahaha

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the laugh. Everyone in this store probably thinks I have tourettes.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

nice... I called onetime to ask about my Xooms upgrade to 4G... the lady put me on hold for a few minutes then returned to tell me that a 3G device isnt able to be upgraded to 4G... ????? ummm.... what?

I tried to be understanding that she is just working there for a job and its not her fault she doesnt know enough, its Verizons...
So I said thanx and goodbye...

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Did she happen to have a male voice and a Russian accent by any chance?

Reactions: KillerQ and toll

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Ha ha ha, love it. I haven't seen one of those commercials in awhile but I always thought they were funny. Did Verizons Peggy sound manly too?