[ICS][4.0.4][4/2] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ICS][4.0.4] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

Does anyone know the difference between this and the IMM30B build model that I'm rocking? :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know the difference between this and the IMM30B build model that I'm rocking? :)

Probably a lot, but most notably the radios/baseband are different. Your build has FA##, while this has FC##.

Edit: OP has been updated with a Dropbox mirror. Please let me know if it works. If I run out of DLs, try again tomorrow/hold tight again for another mirror.

:)

Reactions: zero neck

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

-An updated radio to help with the low signal issues
-Some visual tweaks were added like quick volume toggles on the power menu
-The standard speed tweaks and bug fixes
-Tweaked auto-brightness
-Slightly faster camera performance
-An updated News & Weather widget
-Whatever else you find ;)

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site

So you have to be unlocked and rooted to accomplish this?

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Probably a lot, but most notably the radios/baseband are different. Your build has FA##, while this has FC##.

Edit: OP has been updated with a Dropbox mirror. Please let me know if it works. If I run out of DLs, try again tomorrow/hold tight again for another mirror.

Hmm... I would tend to think probably not a lot difference from the prior leaks actually, nor from the 4.0.4 source. Probably a few hardly noticeable things, and CDMA/LTE props that aren't in AOSP, but are already in all the 4.0.4 ROMs out there. I'm guessing, but smart guessing of course :)

EDIT: Oh and apparently what Cyber Warrior said above... :p

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

-An updated radio to help with the low signal issues
-Some visual tweaks were added like quick volume toggles on the power menu
-The standard speed tweaks and bug fixes
-Tweaked auto-brightness
-Slightly faster camera performance
-An updated News & Weather widget
-Whatever else you find ;)

Thanks! my next noob question would be: Would I lose all my data if I flash this bad boy? thanks :D

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

So you have to be unlocked and rooted to accomplish this?

Correct. There are other methods available (in theory there's a combination of 3-6 if I counted correctly), and they will go up ~tomorrow. The other common method I know about requires using a tool to temporarily flash over CWM recovery. You don't need to be rooted, but you do need to be unlocked to have the custom recovery.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks! my next noob question would be: Would I lose all my data if I flash this bad boy? thanks :D

Are you unlocked? If yes, then no, you won't lose your data--but you will lose root. If you're not unlocked, then the act on unlocking will wipe your SDcard.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

real quick - if you are unlocked but not rooted - you can dl clockwork mod custom recovery and place in the same folder as your fastboot.exe file. also download the 4.04 update to your sd card.

then you boot the phone into fastboot (with usb debugging checked, make sure you have lots of battery and DO NOT DISCONNECT DURING THE PROCESS of all this), open up the command prompt/terminal window, and do the following:

Code:
fastboot boot recovery name-of-recovery-file.img

this will boot clockwork on your phone, where you can make a nandroid backup (to be safe), then wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, then install the 4.04 update .zip and reboot the phone when it's done.

Reactions: dmmarck

azetoh

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Noob question alert:
I unlocked and flashed the 4.0.4 build leaked a while ago (root got broken during upgrade and I am too lazy to do it again), so will the OTA ever come in for me? And if it does, will it mess everything up because I am not on 4.0.2? Do I just have to flash this one too? And will doing that wipe all my data again?

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm unlocked and I just flashed the leaked 4.0.4 when it came out. Thanks :D

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

real quick - if you are unlocked but not rooted - you can dl clockwork mod custom recovery and place in the same folder as your fastboot.exe file. also download the 4.04 update to your sd card.

then you boot the phone into fastboot (with usb debugging checked, make sure you have lots of battery and DO NOT DISCONNECT DURING THE PROCESS of all this), open up the command prompt/terminal window, and do the following:

Code:
fastboot boot recovery name-of-recovery-file.img

this will boot clockwork on your phone, where you can make a nandroid backup (to be safe), then wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, then install the 4.04 update .zip and reboot the phone when it's done.

THIS. Do you mind if I jack part of it, add some more deets, and put it in the op?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

THIS. Do you mind if I jack part of it, add some more deets, and put it in the op?

of course please do

you need to navigate to the folder that has fastboot in it - on a pc .... if it's in c: ... say the folder is named "fastboot" ... you enter this:

Code:
cd c:\fastboot
fastboot boot recovery recovery-name-filewhatever.img

on a mac, same thing - say the folder is in your "home" directory - folder is named "fastboot" - do this:

Code:
cd home-directory-name-whatever-yours-is
cd fastboot
fastboot boot recovery recovery-file-whatever.img

Reactions: dmmarck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Noob question alert:
I unlocked and flashed the 4.0.4 build leaked a while ago (root got broken during upgrade and I am too lazy to do it again), so will the OTA ever come in for me? And if it does, will it mess everything up because I am not on 4.0.2? Do I just have to flash this one too? And will doing that wipe all my data again?

(1) I believe that you're going to need to be on the "latest official" update--the 4.0.2 one--to receive any future update (including this one or whatever comes in its place, etc.)

(2) I would flash this one; if you want to "take" an update, simply take it back to stock, pick it up, and if you relocked/rooted, unlock/root after picking it up. As long as you're stock--may it be 4.0.2 now, or perhaps 4.0.4 later--you can "take" an OTA update. Once you flash something custom, though, you won't be able to receive the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty