Ok, enough is enough. Goodbye Galaxy Nexus.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Glad they are okay.

However, I have experienced tremendous reliability with my phone in terms of signal (reboots during navigation use and gps lock issues are another matter). I have rarely been without signal. In fact.. I can't remember the last time I saw an X up there. Usually I am fretting about being on 3G. But actual voice call signal quality? Verizon has lived up to its name for me and the GN.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: SOTK

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
If you have a problem with the Nexus, you should complain to Verizon to enact changes.

If you come here to complain, you'll get lots of people agreeing with you, lots of people mocking you, and will likely still log off to the same phone.

Now if we move onto your example, assuming you survive the flight, you would complain to American Airlines to enact action.

I don't think the smart course of action is to log onto AA's frequent flier forums and start whining...

Hah! Complaint to Verizon and expect changes...you're hilarious.
My relationship with the carrier is "i tried this phone. It was unacceptable. Remove the associated charges and I will select another to my liking." Carrier:"ok and thanks for your business each month."

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely go to a corporate Verizon store and ask to talk to a manager. Explain to them that your phone is not reliable enough to use in the case of an emergency. They can't argue that that isn't grounds for a different phone. I wouldn't give up until they offer you one. I highly suggest the RAZR maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Regret getting this phone

Love how there's always those who whine about the "whiners"...at least those "whining" about actual problems with the phone might actually serve some purpose in informing others who might be considering the phone or a course of action to address similar problems.

I got my nexus as a free replacement for the droid charge after having gone through five replacements. Althought I don't think the phone is "all that" relative to the hype, I don't have any real complaints (no signal problems or random reboots) all things considered. But to tell someone who came on here to share their experience with the phone with things like "it's a dev phone...why would you expect it to actually make phone calls??" is ridiculous. And if we aren't here to share our experiences, what is the point? To high five each other and pat ourselves on the back for what a smart decision it was to buy this phone?

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Love how there's always those who whine about the "whiners"...at least those "whining" about actual problems with the phone might actually serve some purpose in informing others who might be considering the phone or a course of action to address similar problems.

I got my nexus as a free replacement for the droid charge after having gone through five replacements. Althought I don't think the phone is "all that" relative to the hype, I don't have any real complaints (no signal problems or random reboots) all things considered. But to tell someone who came on here to share their experience with the phone with things like "it's a dev phone...why would you expect it to actually make phone calls??" is ridiculous. And if we aren't here to share our experiences, what is the point? To high five each other and pat ourselves on the back for what a smart decision it was to buy this phone?

Share experiences? Fine. That's one thing but not being proactive or constructive is quite another. There are already more than enough "complaint" threads. Most have to do with radio woes or random rebooting. Why can't people post in the same thread? There can be 5 threads with the same complaint on the first page. I find that ridiculous. I'm also not a big fan of complaining for complainings sake. Seriously, if you have nothing but problems with the phone, get out of it! It's not difficult.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Hah! Complaint to Verizon and expect changes...you're hilarious.
My relationship with the carrier is "i tried this phone. It was unacceptable. Remove the associated charges and I will select another to my liking." Carrier:"ok and thanks for your business each month."

If you complain on a forum, the best you'll get is sympathy

If you complain to Verizon, you may get a replacement device or an exchange for a different device.

But hey, keep trying option 1, maybe you'll get a new phone out of it.....

Reactions: oxymoron

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, looking at a lot of the posts about the GNex across VZW and Sprint and some with the HTC One X, do you think any of the signal issues (3G, WiFi, GPS, WiFi to network handoffs) are more ICS related than just hardware problems? Could further Google updates fix most of this or is it more related to Samsung radios for the most part?

Reactions: cckgz4

oxfat

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
4.0.4 doesn't fix signal issues. At least not the version that's been leaked out for a while. I've been running it for the past month (ICS version and radios) or so and nothing changed. The signal still drops randomly and data is unreliable at best.

I share the OPs frustrations and will be glad to be rid of this phone in a few months.

Touchdown Jesus, are you in Dayton? I think that is the home of the original Touch Down Jesus.

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got verizon to change from the droid razr to the nexus. It took two replacements but have no signal issues as all. Get a replacement.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, looking at a lot of the posts about the GNex across VZW and Sprint and some with the HTC One X, do you think any of the signal issues (3G, WiFi, GPS, WiFi to network handoffs) are more ICS related than just hardware problems? Could further Google updates fix most of this or is it more related to Samsung radios for the most part?

I hadn't realized the HTC One X was having similar issues, I attributed it to Samsung radios. Maybe there is an ICS component?

I had a Samsung Stratosphere in the past with similar reception woes that people are noting with their Nexus devices. It went straight back.

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

I have said it in another thread, I had two made in Korea devices. They both were with serious issues. I say it again too, I don't side with the hundreds that say "wait for 4.*, or whatever, a fix is coming." Don't ever drink that Koolaid, yuck. If it isn't working right after dropping hundreds NITB, GTFROI! Get the _____ rid of it. Honest opinion, the Verizon Nexus was the second worse experience I have ever had next to a pantech Windows 5.0 device....bleh.

So get another ICS phone on Verizon.

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Touchdown Jesus, are you in Dayton? I think that is the home of the original Touch Down Jesus.
No I'm not. My name is a reference to Notre Dame football. I'm kind of all over. Chicago, Los Angeles, North Carolina, Philadelphia, and soon Indonesia.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Share experiences? Fine. That's one thing but not being proactive or constructive is quite another. There are already more than enough "complaint" threads. Most have to do with radio woes or random rebooting. Why can't people post in the same thread? There can be 5 threads with the same complaint on the first page. I find that ridiculous. I'm also not a big fan of complaining for complainings sake. Seriously, if you have nothing but problems with the phone, get out of it! It's not difficult.

Redundancy and "similar threads" are just the nature of forums. In an ideal world, I suppose it might be better to have just a few threads in each section of the forum that span hundreds of pages. But just as it's anyone's right to go to the trouble to make a post about their displeasure with "complaint" threads on a forum (one in which each of us have complete control over which threads we click and participate), it's anyone's right to make a post about their displeasure with a phone for which they paid good money without being called "whiners". If a particular thread is bothersome or irritating, don't click it...or if you were misled by the thread title and clicked it, click out of it. It's that simple. Only if getting out of a defective phone on contract or resolving certain issues that appear to be fairly widespread were as simple...

Reactions: Jude526 and bed269

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
OK, that's it....I'm done..

Ever since I purchased this phone on launch date, I've had nothing but issues. Yep, I'm done with the whole unlock/rooting/custom Rom/custom Kernel stuff. I'm tired of my phone working so well. I want subpar battery life, less customization options, I want the bloatware back, lower volume levels, slower system performance, poorer I/O performance, no ability to make nandroids (full system/data backups), and screw having the hacked tethering. These things are just not worth the trouble, and cause me to have too much enjoyment. Besides, Verizon should have just included all these things to begin with! Dang them! If I'm not mistaken, they even advertised this phone as being completely error free and the epitome of technological perfection. They have obviously completely and utterly mislead all of us! In fact, they lied! I say we occupy them! Who's game?

whitewallman

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK, that's it....I'm done..

Careful... This is -exactly- how occupy wall street started, sans a few craft beers.
Which could only mean I'm one of the one percenters that enjoys the hell out his unlucked, rooted, ROMed, and otherwise tweaked device.

Last edited: