I now get 4G where I didn't get it before!!!

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Ah, but guess what... that change happened three days before the update!! :D

Verizon turned up a tower in my area early last week.

Oh but if I had not noticed it, I would now be CROWING about how the great update bypassed the laws of PHYSICS and suddenly got me 4G at home!!

And that's why you don't believe everything on the forum.

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally I had the 4.0.4 running manually after discovering these forums. Wrote down detailed information of what i was getting. Then when VZW announced the OTA I rolled back to 4.0.2. Lost about 10db of signal. After two day's without OTA said screw it and repatched manually. My signal went back up to where it was. So unless their messing with the towers in my area in real time when I'm doing my patches it makes a decent difference. That is also the db reading now the bars.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that's what I actually like about Verizon. Sure they rape us but they actually do work on their network. There was an area last week I used to get no 4g and all of a sudden I started getting 4g with the same radios. Sprint never worked on anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the signal improvements that are being pointed out seem to be a fairly consistent thing (and I can vouch for them as well) Not to mention the chrome performance boost and overall speed improvements.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
They may have just turned on 4G in that area. It happened to me as well. I have 4G back home where I didn't have it before. This was before I updated to 4.0.4. I have had 4G where I live now for quite a while now but back home I have it there as well. No complaints on my end...

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Update: I just noticed that the phone is displaying more bars for the same signal.. I noticed it is at a relatively poor signal of -92 dbm but stll showing four bars

I still have seen that the phone does run even faster (which is a hell of an accomplishment)

I also have more wi-fi bars... how does that work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch