blank home screen

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I just uninstalled nova launcher, but I was having problems with a blank home screen. I would be doing something and try and back to the home screen and all apps icons and widgets were gone. the only things that would work would be the vol, and power buttons and if I hit the "recent items icon" i am not sure what the icon on the bottom right is that shows you the last things you accessed. If you hit that you could access and use those items but if you backed out or hit home you would come back to a blank home screen. It would sometimes fix itself it you went back in forth in some apps and then that didnt work so I now have to shut it off and turn it back on.

BTW stock ver gnex no mods.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
so the icons and widgets wouldn't reload? once in a while mine does this but the icons reload within a couple seconds...this is called "redraw"

there should be something in the nova settings that says "lock in memory" make sure that is checked.

also, are you sure it is going to nova launcher and not to another launcher?

my only other suggestion is to install another launcher (i actually prefer apex over nova)

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I will give it a try. I liked nova for a few reasons. First its made by a company using feels in the name and that rocks. I also liked the fact that it rotates in landscape, gets ride of google search bar, scrolling and others. I will look at apex too.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I will give it a try. I liked nova for a few reasons. First its made by a company using feels in the name and that rocks. I also liked the fact that it rotates in landscape, gets ride of google search bar, scrolling and others. I will look at apex too.

Apex does all that as well....minus the name with "feels" in it

I just honestly don't know what's going on with nova where it goes completely blank on you

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
i tried apex and was unable to get it to work like nova. but it is definitely nova. i will email the dev and see if its something anyone else has seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non