Anyone have a good "made in China" SGN refurb?

yugopalmguy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I just received a "Certified Like New" refurb Galaxy Nexus as a replacement for my "Made in Korea" new one. I have concerns because I have heard a lot of people have received replacements which were no good and most of them were made in China. So the question is, has anyone received a "Made in China" replacement which they are happy with.

BTW, my original GN had the speaker go out on it. Thought it might be software, but after switching over different ROMs, I am pretty sure it is the phone itself.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I know what people are saying about the China vs. Korea models, but why don't you just see how this particular phone works out before assuming anything about it based on where it was made?

Don1713

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I started with a Korean made nexus, went through 7 Chinese cln devices before getting another Korean one. ALL of them have dropped radios for me so in my experience one isn't better than the other.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Its a myth. My China one works great. I've been through both China and Korea models.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping it's a myth too. My Korean has been great so I got my girl to switch from an I phone. Hers is from China, and so far so good!

yugopalmguy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, by the responses, I am optimistic. I was not really prejudging, just observing comments that had been made prior. I figured there were goods ones out there from China, I just hadn't heard about them, so this is good news.

ngb802

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Where do I look to see where my phone was made/ assembled?

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Upate.... As soon as I say my Korean is great the usb port goes to crap.. Seems I always jinx myself.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I received an CLN 1515.10 made in China GNEX 2 weeks ago and it has been golden! Finally a device that has not dropped 4G data at all. No reboots needed to bring back my radio's!

I didn't think it existed but it does. What a load of crap that we have to go through all these exchanges to hopefully get a device that works.

Samsung should be offering all their GNEX customers something for all the headache that have been causing. I also cannot believe an issue like this has not been more publicized. That is usually the only way these companies feel required to fix their "F" ups!

I guess if it is not an iPhone, no one really cares to cover an issue like this. You bet if an iPhone had signal problems like this you would see it on every news station and Apple would be required to fix it and fix it fast.

ngb802

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I just checked mine says Korea, I'm not trying to instigate but by reading thru this thread I'm guessing the Korean made one is better somehow? I Google searched it and people were saying their both the same. I guess I got lucky I bought mine off eBay and the guy mailed it out late without a charger. Guess it was worth the extra hassle. Just curious what the consensus is about the differences in build quality Korean vs china ? Does the same apply to other phones/ electronics ?

imnotajedi

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I fried my Made in Korea GN. They sent me a Made in China CLN GN. So far no issues. I did noticed a few cosmetic differences. The battery cover fit better around the camera. The other one was bowed out. Not sure if that is common with the Made in Korea versions or just mine. The other thing I noticed is that you can easily see where the notification LED is at. My Made in Korea Nexus was not as easily visible. However I work with two other people that have Made in China models and theirs notification LEDs are not easily visible.

As far as problems, once again none so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: ngb802

dan43

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My 1st GSN kept on dropping the signal. My about 2 month old GSN certified like new is awesome, no problems. Both phones were made in China.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall