What Apps no longer work with Jelly Bean?

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I want to install Jelly Bean on my STOCK Nexus and I prefer not rooting unless forced to. For those with stock Nexus and the Verizon OTA installed please list apps that don't work at all or don't work properly. I do a little bit of tethering that is important to me even if it is infrequent both FoxFi (free) and EasyTetherPro (paid) for usb tether to laptop since it keeps phone charged.

Here are apps that I currently use that are important to me and would like to know if they work with Jelly Bean:

Slingplayer, Netflix, BeWeather, FoxFi, EasyTetherPro. Any information on these apps or any other that don't work would be of great help in making a decision. Thank you.

S281

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Light flow free version seems to be all whacked out for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Light flow free version seems to be all whacked out for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paid version works fine, fwiw. When JB first came out it took a while and a few bug fix updates before they really ironed out all the Light Flow bugs, but its been working fine for me for a while now (again, paid version, not sure if the free one is suspect or not).

mapexonly

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi doesn't work only through Bluetooth. I was wondering if anyone else knows of another tethering app that is similar that will work

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well making a decision on installing JB it seems will have to be based more on just personal preference and chance than empirical data, too few responses and most seem to have contradictions, " app won't work" or "yes it will". Anyway there is a chance more responses may find themselves in this thread before I am offered the OTA...if I'm offered the OTA.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE on Slingbox. It is working with JB! My cat had knocked the Slingbox off of my desk last night and I did not notice he also pulled out the sensor bars from the DVR. Once I reattached them it worked fine.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
JB has been out a couple months now so my guess is that most popular apps are going to be working on it. I have yet to find a app on my phone that doesn't work.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that "Volume+" is not working on this phone with Jelly Bean, and that blows. The Gnex really needed app to pump the speaker volume, which is now back to being too low for everything (speaker, navigation, notifications, etc ..). Uggh ...

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that "Volume+" is not working on this phone with Jelly Bean, and that blows. The Gnex really needed app to pump the speaker volume, which is now back to being too low for everything (speaker, navigation, notifications, etc ..). Uggh ...

Its working on mine with JB

Tapatalk mofo

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Matter of opinion really.. I used Volume+ consistently the first few months I had the phone.. but for the last 4-5 months I haven't bothered and haven't missed it at all, truthfully.

cgc2

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if I want to install Jelly Bean on my STOCK Nexus and I prefer not rooting unless forced to. For those with stock Nexus and the Verizon OTA installed please list apps that don't work at all or don't work properly. I do a little bit of tethering that is important to me even if it is infrequent both FoxFi (free) and EasyTetherPro (paid) for usb tether to laptop since it keeps phone charged.

Here are apps that I currently use that are important to me and would like to know if they work with Jelly Bean:

Slingplayer, Netflix, BeWeather, FoxFi, EasyTetherPro. Any information on these apps or any other that don't work would be of great help in making a decision. Thank you.

Foxfi no longer works unless you use Blue tooth. That's okay but I can also report SVTP still works for "free" hot spot