Fix hairline scratches on screen?

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Any way to fix hairline scratches on the screen? Surprised by how susceptible the screen is to the tiniest of scratches.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus had a couple hairline scratches. I tried all of the fixes that you find on google and nothing worked. Luckily I was having data issues so I needed to get a replacement anyway. As soon as I got the refurbished phone I got ghost armor for the screen... wasn't taking any more chances.

So, to answer the question... I don't think anything will get the scratches completely away. Something like ghost armor might diminish its appearance though.

scottywilks

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, a screen protector will help to hide any thinner scratches but usually the deeper ones will show up. I have had the best luck with the screen protectors from Screenguardz. They're pretty smooth to the touch as compared to a stickier material that is just annoying during use and the anti-glare feature is fantastic in bright situations.

If you want to buff out the scratches, use a microfiber cloth with a buffing compound designed specifically for the material that the lens is made out of (i.e. Glass, Acrylic, or Gorilla Glass). Some compounds made for a specific surface could damage other materials, so pick the right one.

These guys have a compound series that looks pretty legit so you might see what they have to offer.
TDI-LLC Technology - Glass, Acrylic, and Gorilla Glass Compounds

Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty