[NEW] Galaxy SII/Function/Fascinate 2 Release?

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it crazy how 1 representative can spark a fire across the internet and every phone tech site. Wait, I err meant to say the galaxy tab! The galaxy tab (frantically hitting the backspace button) !! Just goes to show how hott this phone will be and the general public probably doesn't even know it yet.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
This is very depressing. I was extremely excited thinking that next month I should finally have a new phone. Hopefully they make an announcement about this phone soon.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Remember gents just because they cleared up the announcement doesn't mean that the handset won't show up in July. I'm not saying it will but it certainly can happen.

Samsung and the carriers are not going to sit on this launch until the end of the year. Q3 we will see it.........

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Remember gents just because they cleared up the announcement doesn't mean that the handset won't show up in July. I'm not saying it will but it certainly can happen.

Samsung and the carriers are not going to sit on this launch until the end of the year. Q3 we will see it.........

I hear ya, but we're like hungry dogs waiting for somebody to throw us a bone. And we thought they did, only to tease us and take it back.

I still think that July would be an ideal timeframe for it to come out, particularly if it's released without LTE. That way Verizon has a good window to sell it before the Bionic comes out, which adds LTE.

I'm still hoping.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
First bold highlight: I am currently using the Droid Charge and with 4G I am able to get ~14 hours with the battery. Also, hoping the S2 comes with 2.3.4 since Google has said with dual cores battery life is not so great. They fixed that in 2.3.4.

The kernel supports SMP's and yes there are not a lot of apps that support multiple cores, yet. I also think Google fixed android with 2.3.4 for multiple cores.

I hope your right on 2.3.4. Although I'm not totally sold on the fact that it supports multiple cores yet. It was brought up a while back that the kernel had the interfaces there for it. But, that doesn't mean that it's actually fully or optimally implemented within the kernel. I think, at best, it's probably crudely implemented and may provide some benefit, but not optimally to fully realize the benefit. I hope I'm wrong though.

Gafflation

May 19, 2011
Visit site
CK & DolfanCole - I've been lurking in this and the Bionic forum for a few weeks now. What do you guys think about the GS2 only having a 1650 mAh battery? I know the Bionic is rumored to have a 1750 mAh battery. thoughts?

Not enough of a difference to worry about in the battery sizes. I am likely to opt for the extended battery with whichever I get anyway. Interesting that the S2 is likely to release before the Bionic, gives me yet another option. Guess it currently comes down to...

Bionic if you want LTE
S2 if you want the best screen
Droid 3 for keyboard and possibly world phone?
Charge if you must have a phone now. Not to mention it has LTE and a nice screen.

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
the GSII was coming to tmobile only i thought? i guess its gonna be a multi carrier release? either way im going with the sensation..Screw touchwiz,and samsungs poorly made handsets

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
the GSII was coming to tmobile only i thought? i guess its gonna be a multi carrier release? either way im going with the sensation..Screw touchwiz,and samsungs poorly made handsets

No, like the original, it's anticipated that the GSII will be released on all carriers, with the possible exception of T-Mobile which might get an upsized version.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well pics have surfaced of AT&T's version. Looks very nice in my opinion. I'm actually relieved they got rid of the one button and put in the 4 hard buttons like we are used to.

Regardless I still would have bought it :)

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well pics have surfaced of AT&T's version. Looks very nice in my opinion. I'm actually relieved they got rid of the one button and put in the 4 hard buttons like we are used to.

Yea, the missing huge home button definitely makes me like the phone more. Now we just need a nice Verizon leak and release date and I'll be happy.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Interesting. They changed the form factor slightly...which gives me a tiny ray of hope that they could change the form factor for VZW enough to stuff 4G in there. I'm a dreamer...what can I say?

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i thought the old form factor looks better. I like the one button, makes it stand out from all the rest of the android devices.

Once again revisions sucks, like the Bionic.

atleast ATT people have the option to import.

Pixel

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

The picture of the AT&T GS2 on Engadget and other places is actually the Infuse 4G and not the GS2.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The picture of the AT&T GS2 on Engadget and other places is actually the Infuse 4G and not the GS2.

The Infuse has "Samsung" at the bottom, and the picture doesn't. It could be, but I'm pretty sure it's the GS2 (Phil also pointed out differences in the power button).

If they take out the home button then its crap like the US versions of GS 1.

sent from a galaxy far far away

...it has a home button? If you mean the big one that the Euro version has, most people I've heard from prefer the 4 button setup. Personally, I like having them for the search key.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11