11-19-2012 06:11 PM
232 ... 56789 ...
tools
    So, Verizon has the time to announce the Droid DNA, but cannot offer up any info for those of us waiting (not so) patiently for the Note II...

I am curious, since the DNA is priced at $199 with a 2-year agreement, is there any chance the price of the Note II will be less than the $299-on contract as we are all expecting?

I am losing my patience waiting for this thing...
    The DNA was rumored way after the Note2 was available for pre order right? I don't get it. Why is the Note2 coming out later than the DNA?

My only guess would be Verizon's Droid love. I'm never buying a "droid" because of extensive milking they do of it. It's ridiculous how much money they throw at advertising these devices.
    11-13-2012 11:54 AM
    You guys are wasting so much energy on this. I too have the Note 2 on pre-order. It comes out when it comes out. It's out of your control. Who cares why it is "late". Verizon has its reasons whether it is product roll-out contract schedules, manufacturing time to create the custom home button, or whatever.

For that matter, and I will certainly be in the minority on this, it's fine that it says Verizon on the home button. Whatever. I would rather be on verizon and have the top LTE coverage in the nation. When that changes to another carrier ill move to that carrier.
    bigguy_132 likes this.
    11-13-2012 12:38 PM
    You guys are wasting so much energy on this. I too have the Note 2 on pre-order. It comes out when it comes out. It's out of your control. Who cares why it is "late". Verizon has its reasons whether it is product roll-out contract schedules, manufacturing time to create the custom home button, or whatever.

For that matter, and I will certainly be in the minority on this, it's fine that it says Verizon on the home button. Whatever. I would rather be on verizon and have the top LTE coverage in the nation. When that changes to another carrier ill move to that carrier.
    I'm sure I'll get used to the Verizon logo but it blows my mind they don't have an official date.

Still the lady last night said latest it'll ship is the 27th and it will take 2 days so expect it the 29th
    11-13-2012 06:41 PM
    What was yours showing before?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Originally it was showing a shipping date of the 29th. Then that changed to no status at all a day or two later. Now it's showing the 16th, not sure whats going on.
    11-13-2012 09:02 PM
    Can you get us a screenshot of this? Maybe with personal info blurred.
    Here is a picture of my roommates AT&T Note 2 vs my Galaxy Nexus. So unfair, why Verizon, why must you always be the last to launch. /cry
    Attached Thumbnails Pre Order Page is up-photo-3.jpg  
    11-13-2012 09:08 PM
    Here is a picture of my roommates AT&T Note 2 vs my Galaxy Nexus. So unfair, why Verizon, why must you always be the last to launch. /cry
    I meant a picture of your thing saying shipping on the 16th. Nice though.
    ToddL likes this.
    11-13-2012 10:02 PM
    The DNA was rumored way after the Note2 was available for pre order right? I don't get it. Why is the Note2 coming out later than the DNA?

My only guess would be Verizon's Droid love. I'm never buying a "droid" because of extensive milking they do of it. It's ridiculous how much money they throw at advertising these devices.
    Verizon does better as a company with exclusive products or building the Droid brand (for which they pay so much to Lucas films).
    As much as I love the GN2 it is a niche (phablet) phone. It will never sell the volume of an iphone or GS3. It's just too big for many.
    Furthermore, the GN2 is available on 4 competing US carriers. It will not draw subscribers. Anyone from a competing carrier that wants the GN2 can get it without coming to Verizon. Even if the GN2 were not branded a Droid but sold exclusively by vzw they would have reason to promote and launch (like Thunderbolt). You will never see a Verizon GN2 commercial or launch party so pay attention when it is released or you may miss it.
    Big Red is teaching Samsung a lesson about US marketing clout. Verizon promotes their exclusive phones more than any other carrier.
    So if it's not exclusive to Big Red, get to the back of the line.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    11-14-2012 08:29 AM
    It seems crazy to me that they would miss out on having these in store on black friday. Especially when they should know that all of the early TB adopters are now out of contract, and shopping for a new phone. Oh well, I'm not up until the 27th, so I have to wait either way.
    11-14-2012 09:46 AM
    I pre-ordered Nov. 2 with a ship date of Nov. 27. I've checked the status every few days since and it has not changed. It would be awesome if it ships sooner, but if not, the phone is worth waiting for IMO. I'm just happy that Verizon has the Note 2, otherwise I'd still be waiting for something as the HTC DNA is DOA to me due to the non-removable battery, not to mention I hate the stupid "Droid" branding (Droid Doesn't!!! ).
    11-14-2012 09:53 AM
    Should I bother preordering still or just wait for the in store release? More importantly do preorders show up on launch day? Or do they show up later?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt
    11-14-2012 10:45 AM
    Should I bother preordering still or just wait for the in store release? More importantly do preorders show up on launch day? Or do they show up later?

If you don't want to go to the store then preorder. You will receive the phone on launch day. All you have to do is call customer service to activate the phone. It is a simple process. I like preordering because I want to be the first one to take it out of the box and not be harassed at the Verizon store to buy accessories.
    kris.richards and chuckawd like this.
    11-14-2012 01:31 PM
    If you don't want to go to the store then preorder. You will receive the phone on launch day. All you have to do is call customer service to activate the phone. It is a simple process. I like preordering because I want to be the first one to take it out of the box and not be harassed at the Verizon store to buy accessories.
    That's exactly why I ask because the sales reps always get to unbox the new phone and that's a process that I enjoy myself. Thanks man!

11-14-2012 01:32 PM
    That's exactly why I ask because the sales reps always get to unbox the new phone and that's a process that I enjoy myself. Thanks man!

You bet. I also enjoy the fun of opening up the box.
    11-14-2012 01:38 PM
    I meant a picture of your thing saying shipping on the 16th. Nice though.
    Ugh, I checked today at work and it still showed as the 16th. I just checked now to take a screen shot and show you... but now it's showing, " Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time."

Wtf Verizon, stop playing with my heart!
    11-14-2012 08:33 PM
    When the phone arrives if I preorder it, how do I actually go about activating it? And then, what do I have to do to switch it to my main unlimited line?

For some background information, I have 2 lines. An unlimited like and a basic line. I will be upgrading the basic line to purchase the Note 2. To finish off that process, I have to activate the Note 2 on the basic line then reactivate the basic phone on it's original line which will deactivate the Note 2. Now, I'm able to activate the Note 2 on my unlimited line but I don't know exactly how to do that? Will I need another SIM card?

11-15-2012 06:40 AM
    When the phone arrives if I preorder it, how do I actually go about activating it? And then, what do I have to do to switch it to my main unlimited line?

For some background information, I have 2 lines. An unlimited like and a basic line. I will be upgrading the basic line to purchase the Note 2. To finish off that process, I have to activate the Note 2 on the basic line then reactivate the basic phone on it's original line which will deactivate the Note 2. Now, I'm able to activate the Note 2 on my unlimited line but I don't know exactly how to do that? Will I need another SIM card?

Hey Chuck... you will have to call CS and have them put the SIM (there is a number on the SIM card) on your unlimited line. Once that is done, you will be good to go.

If you already have a SIM (and its compatible size-wise) you can use that card in the Note with no need to call CS. I am pretty sure this is the case. Someone else please verify?
    11-15-2012 07:34 AM
    I'm in the same boat essentially. I'm upgrading my wife's line to keep my unlimited data, then need to put the Note 2 on my line and my current phone on her line. I'm not preordering exactly for that reason. It's just much easier for me to go into the store and have everything done at once, particularly since my current SIM won't fit into the Note 2.
    11-15-2012 08:39 AM
    I noticed that Verizon is doing a lot of ad pushing for the Intuition. Maybe they are holding the Note 2 back while they dump the Intuition stock they have.
    11-15-2012 09:53 AM
    I noticed that Verizon is doing a lot of ad pushing for the Intuition. Maybe they are holding the Note 2 back while they dump the Intuition stock they have.
    during my commute into philadelphia this morning I saw a Samsung/Verizon billboard for the Galaxy Note 2

it said "the next big thing is just days away"
    11-15-2012 10:00 AM
    what kills me is most other carriers are now offering specials on the phone, especially on black friday. $199, $249 with $100 gift card, blah blah and we wont even get to have ours by then. Then the question arises of when will vzw drop the price from $299 to $199.
    11-15-2012 10:13 AM
    This is the the thing that bugs me to. You think Verizon would want to get this thing out before Black Friday to push the Note 2. Why wouldn't you release it before one of the biggest holiday shopping times around? Stupid move if you ask me.
    11-15-2012 10:16 AM
    during my commute into philadelphia this morning I saw a Samsung/Verizon billboard for the Galaxy Note 2

it said "the next big thing is just days away"
    Speculation for that 11/16 ship date soft launch Monday?

11-15-2012 10:57 AM
    Speculation for that 11/16 ship date soft launch Monday?

I want to believe that the soft launch of 11/16 is possibly but most of our ship dates still have the 27th on it :\
    11-15-2012 11:19 AM
    I want to believe that the soft launch of 11/16 is possibly but most of our ship dates still have the 27th on it :\
    Maybe they want to surprise us so we talk about how amazing Verizon is for shipping early lol. We will all wake up with shipping confirmations tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they want to surprise us so we talk about how amazing Verizon is for shipping early lol. We will all wake up with shipping confirmations tomorrow.
    11-15-2012 11:24 AM
    If i had to take an over/under bet of the ship date being the 27th
    ...i'd go with the over

I have 0 faith in verizon delivering this device early, chances are we won't have it in hand until December
    11-15-2012 12:22 PM
232 ... 56789 ...