Memory

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have my pictures on external card but when I go to setting/storage I see the pictures taking storage in the internal device memory... Sorry for my ignorance but how is this?

Also, can I store the S Note app data to external card?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure that out myself.. I don't have much downloaded on my phone like I did when I ad the note 1..

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have my pictures on external card but when I go to setting/storage I see the pictures taking storage in the internal device memory... Sorry for my ignorance but how is this?

Also, can I store the S Note app data to external card?

So when you go to the my files app ob your phone and you go to pictures it is empty?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No pictures when I go to my files, storage, sdcard0, DCIM. Pictures are in extSdCard, DCIM... My understanding is the sdcard0 is the internal memory? Then why is it showing as is in the picture under "device memory" the and not in sd card?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354895308044.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354895308044.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 14

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So it is actually taking up internal storage space when you take photos? I did notice when I first opened my camera app it gave me the option to set the picture storage to the ext. SD card, but it did say that "burst" photo's taken would store internally. Are you taking any burst shots? If so that could be why, if not I am not sure then.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I did take couple burst shot but let's say I did, then those shots should be there under sdcard0 but there are no pictures...

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
To store pictures on the SD card, in the camera app click the gear icon (settings) in the upper left, scroll down to "Storage" and make sure it's set to "Memory card". Normal pix will then get stored in the DCIM folder on extSdCard. Burst shots will still be stored on the phone's internal memory as it's faster and able to keep up much better with the burst shot speed.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
To store pictures on the SD card, in the camera app click the gear icon (settings) in the upper left, scroll down to "Storage" and make sure it's set to "Memory card". Normal pix will then get stored in the DCIM folder on extSdCard. Burst shots will still be stored on the phone's internal memory as it's faster and able to keep up much better with the burst shot speed.

thank you....but it is already....

eitherway, does anyboby know how to set S Note to save to the External card instead to internal memory? not a problem now but as I build my data it could be?