How to assign a preferred WIFI connection?

raffitou

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I work in a place with 2 WIFI networks. One is my preferred connection which is secured with a password, then one which is Open. The secured WIFI is near my desk and the open is everywhere in the building. When I step away from my desk my phone switches to the Open network. When I come back it doesn't switch back to my preferred secured connection.

Is there any way to assign a preferred WIFI connection so that when I'm near my desk it switches over automatically? The only other solution I've found is to "forget" the open network which I actually like to have access to when I'm in a dead cell connection area like the basement.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I work in a place with 2 WIFI networks. One is my preferred connection which is secured with a password, then one which is Open. The secured WIFI is near my desk and the open is everywhere in the building. When I step away from my desk my phone switches to the Open network. When I come back it doesn't switch back to my preferred secured connection.

Is there any way to assign a preferred WIFI connection so that when I'm near my desk it switches over automatically? The only other solution I've found is to "forget" the open network which I actually like to have access to when I'm in a dead cell connection area like the basement.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Did you look into wifi manager in the market, not sure it has what you want but take a look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress