Word Prediction vs Swifkey

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had heard that the Note 2 had Swiftkey word prediction built in, is that correct? I used to use Swiftkey, but have been using the Samsung keyboard (I like having the numbers on top). However, the stock word prediction doesn't seem as good as it was on Swiftkey for me. And there's no button to re-learn from SMS. Is that supposed to be continuously re-learning? It sure doesn't seem like it is.

I'm thinking of going back to Swiftkey, just wish there was an option to keep the numbers displayed at all times.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you. I finally went back to SwiftKey. Not sure about the prediction, but the auto correct is much better on SwiftKey for me. I do miss the dedicated row of numbers though.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree, if the prediction was better or it had a setting to learn from SMS I would of stuck it out with stock but I went back to Swiftkey.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree, if the prediction was better or it had a setting to learn from SMS I would of stuck it out with stock but I went back to Swiftkey.
Okay, I'm going back to swiftkey. I'll miss the dedicated numbers, but the better prediction plus having a comma button it too big of an advantage.

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I was an avid Swiftkey user but on the advice of the VZW rep I tried the native keyboard and am very happy. I did delete Swiftkey from the device. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Swype is king!

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

hell yes, with an engine as good as swift, s pen enabled, big money spent on this specific device....there IS no substitute......swyped from the baddest phone ever.

miss chris

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Get the new swiftkey beta with swipe and turn down long press sensitivity. You get the amazing predictions from swift key, the speed of swipe, and the numbers are easy to use.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Get the new swiftkey beta with swipe and turn down long press sensitivity. You get the amazing predictions from swift key, the speed of swipe, and the numbers are easy to use.

Turning down the long press sensitivity is definitely a good idea whether you use the beta or just regular SwiftKey. Makes using the numbers and symbols a heck of a lot more accessible.

kerrdj

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't find the beta with swipe. I love SwiftKey but I keep switching between SwiftKey 3 and stock because I use swipe when I use the s pen.

Sent from my Verizon Note Duece

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I gave up Swiftkey 3 for Stock. The stock feels more crisp to me. Love the numbers across the top. And the S pen handwriting to text. What I miss about Swiftkey 3 is the ability to make the keys larger and changing the colors.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Still using stock, it's probably one of the best stock keyboard's I've used. And those numbers at the top are too awesome!

exilepa

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

What do you recommend turning down the long press sensitivity to?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Since stock has no spell check or correction, it would be nice if the 3rd party keyboards could popup the much smaller keyboard when using multi view the way the stock keyboard does.