Vehicle Charger

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know a good vehicle charger that I can use that will actually put out the 2A to charge the Note 2? Ive looked around on Amazon and such and a lot of them I have found people say either suck and doesnt actually put out 2A or say that when an Android device is hooked up it charges at a USB rate and wont keep up with use. Also I saw this one Set Your Location on VZW site that says its compatible but no reviews. I plan on using my phone as a GPS when I travel and would like it to keep the phone charged. Thanks for the help/info.

Edit: Fixed the link the to charger on VZW

Last edited:

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know a good vehicle charger that I can use that will actually put out the 2A to charge the Note 2? Ive looked around on Amazon and such and a lot of them I have found people say either suck and doesnt actually put out 2A or say that when an Android device is hooked up it charges at a USB rate and wont keep up with use. Also I saw this one Set Your Location on VZW site that says its compatible but no reviews. I plan on using my phone as a GPS when I travel and would like it to keep the phone charged. Thanks for the help/info.

I use the regular old car charger that i've used with my last few phones. it seems to keep up when using the phone at the same time as charging. if you already have an old car charger you may want to give it a try. alternately you could get a three prong adapter for your car and just use your regular charging cord such as this..... Amazon.com: Duracell DRINVP175 175-Watt Pocket Inverter with 2.1-Amp USB Port: Automotive

i have not this same model but one like it, and we use it all of the time. more flexible that just a cell phone charger. you can plug in anything, tablet, laptop, phone, etc.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That doesnt look half bad. My old charger I gave to my wife's aunt. It was only a 500ma charger and wouldnt do anything for charging this device. I just want to buy a good one that will more than keep up with this phone in constant use and it not charge as if it was plugged into a USB port.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
That doesnt look half bad. My old charger I gave to my wife's aunt. It was only a 500ma charger and wouldnt do anything for charging this device. I just want to buy a good one that will more than keep up with this phone in constant use and it not charge as if it was plugged into a USB port.

that was just the first one i ran into on amazon....i got mine years ago at costco and it has been utilized by everyone in the family :)

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the one you linked. Holy crap its huge. Not so sure about having to have something a foot long sitting around in the car all the time. Its surely not compact and discrete. LOL

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the one you linked. Holy crap its huge. Not so sure about having to have something a foot long sitting around in the car all the time. Its surely not compact and discrete. LOL

Im literally biting my tongue:rolleyes:

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Im literally biting my tongue:rolleyes:

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

LOL yeah I guess reading what I wrote again I can see how the jokes would fly. HAHA. If I was at work they would not have hesitated. But then again military members have not ever been known for our politically correct language.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I use the regular old car charger that i've used with my last few phones. it seems to keep up when using the phone at the same time as charging. if you already have an old car charger you may want to give it a try. alternately you could get a three prong adapter for your car and just use your regular charging cord such as this..... Amazon.com: Duracell DRINVP175 175-Watt Pocket Inverter with 2.1-Amp USB Port: Automotive

i have not this same model but one like it, and we use it all of the time. more flexible that just a cell phone charger. you can plug in anything, tablet, laptop, phone, etc.

Nice for 35 bucks.

jbomb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got onebfrom best buy online market place for 4 bucks. Works really well. Try searching for car charger note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I was kinda bummed to learn the Samsung windshield/car mount comes with a 1A charger.

Wow seriously. I was looking forward to getting it for the sake of it coming with a car charger too, but man that is so weak I wouldn't even bother unpacking that charger.

Well guess I''ll have to stick it out with this good old baby:
20130104023531.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer