Can I change the wallpaper on my lock screen

maddiealan

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the Note II having just used the HTC Thunderbolt. I'm just loving this phone but I would like to change the wallpaper on my lock screen. I'm using the Nova Launcher but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Right now the wallpaper is that silly feather. Is there anyway to do this?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to the Note II having just used the HTC Thunderbolt. I'm just loving this phone but I would like to change the wallpaper on my lock screen. I'm using the Nova Launcher but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Right now the wallpaper is that silly feather. Is there anyway to do this?

Long press on your homescreen, select "Set Wallpaper", then choose the one you want to change.
2013-01-04 17.11.33.png

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
cj100570 i am also new can you please tell me how i can make it so when i get a text there are only 2 short vibrations and not that really long one

To the best of my knowledge, the only stock options for vibration are on or off. There may be some apps in the Play Store but I haven't tried any since I turn haptic feedback and vibration off a soon as I buy a phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Long press on your homescreen, select "Set Wallpaper", then choose the one you want to change.
View attachment 55732

cj100570 is correct. the only thing i will add is, in order to change the lock screen as he displayed you first need to be on the stock touchwiz launcher. Then after you set the lockscreen you can switch back to Nova Launcher and set the homescreen wall paper from there.

maddiealan

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
cj100570 is correct. the only thing i will add is, in order to change the lock screen as he displayed you first need to be on the stock touchwiz launcher. Then after you set the lockscreen you can switch back to Nova Launcher and set the homescreen wall paper from there.

Thanks! That was my problem. I was trying to do this within Nova Launcher, and I didn't know that I had to go back to Touchwiz to do this.

GuccizBud

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! That was my problem. I was trying to do this within Nova Launcher, and I didn't know that I had to go back to Touchwiz to do this.

You don't, though!

My usual prologue first : old thread, yes, but people will keep coming back to it via Google Search results. In that spirit...

Given a Note II device running Nova launcher, as was the OP, there are three (3) different series of steps that can be followed to change wallpaper, without switching back to Touchwiz. Of the three, there is only one that makes mention of the lock screen :

1. Long-press homescreen > choose Wallpapers
  ⇒ This method is only good for changing the homescreen wallpaper; the lock screen won't be mentioned.

2. [Menu] hardware key > choose Wallpaper (Nova launcher remember)
  ⇒ Same as above—is of no use for changing the lock screen wallpaper

3. Access device settings (using any method) > Display > Wallpaper
  ⇒ Bingo, this is the one you want—right after you choose Wallpaper using this method, the Note II will ask you if you're referring to the homescreen, the lock screen, or both. No need to switch the launcher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress