Another one bites the dust...

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
For the first time (since I've had this phone) I paid attention to the little notice that scrolls at the top when listening to music (the one that alerts you to voice controls). I casually said "pause" and stood in amazement as my music stopped playing (I'll admit it... it doesn't take much for this phone to impress me). My (iphone loving) friend was like... "what did you do?" and I simply said "play" and the music began again... needless to say he was impressed that someone outside of the 'Appleverse' could do such a thing. After 20 minutes of going over all the fantastic things my phone can do he has gone to the Verizon store to switch over to the Note 2 (yaaaay!). He, like others I've spoken to, is not happy about all the non-wow things Apple has been doing lately (lack of great changes between 4S and 5) and is impressed by all the terrifics of the Note 2. Score one more for Android... :)

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
For the first time (since I've had this phone) I paid attention to the little notice that scrolls at the top when listening to music (the one that alerts you to voice controls). I casually said "pause" and stood in amazement as my music stopped playing (I'll admit it... it doesn't take much for this phone to impress me). My (iphone loving) friend was like... "what did you do?" and I simply said "play" and the music began again... needless to say he was impressed that someone outside of the 'Appleverse' could do such a thing. After 20 minutes of going over all the fantastic things my phone can do he has gone to the Verizon store to switch over to the Note 2 (yaaaay!). He, like others I've spoken to, is not happy about all the non-wow things Apple has been doing lately (lack of great changes between 4S and 5) and is impressed by all the terrifics of the Note 2. Score one more for Android... :)

First and foremost, thanks for sharing this, I didn't know you could do that. Secondly, nice work on converting!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Ugh more converts to come in to the developer forums, ask the same questions that have answers in original posts, and make demands to developers who work for free for us as if they owe them something.

Great.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android. I've been here since the G1 on Tmobile and can't go back to iPhone

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
A) which music player are you using and b) I must have disabled voice controls because I don't have any notification like that? Anyone know where I can enable this feature? I know how to activate s voice or google now, but I didn't realize there were other voice features like pausing music!! ??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
A) which music player are you using and b) I must have disabled voice controls because I don't have any notification like that? Anyone know where I can enable this feature? I know how to activate s voice or google now, but I didn't realize there were other voice features like pausing music!! ??

S-Voice < Menu Button < Settings < Click on Control Apps. It's in there under music and tells you what to say.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! We love having new people to share our passion about android with. Note 2 is a super beast!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I read this and switched back to the stock music app from PowerAmp. I never paid attention to that message before. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I read this and switched back to the stock music app from PowerAmp. I never paid attention to that message before. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol....so did i. I have noticed though, that it doesn't work when just running the widget. You have to actually open it up.

tapa'd from my note ii

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Ugh more converts to come in to the developer forums, ask the same questions that have answers in original posts, and make demands to developers who work for free for us as if they owe them something. Great.

Never owned an iPhone, but I contribute to the developers as we all should if you get something out of their work - even if it's just info. Give what you can.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Never owned an iPhone, but I contribute to the developers as we all should if you get something out of their work - even if it's just info. Give what you can.

That's cool and appreciate that but I mean typical iPhone users who don't understand that these "developers" are really just users like you and me who have the know how skills and the time to devote to bettering our devices. And I've seen quite a few of the fruit converts treat the developers poorly. They have this assumption that the devs owe them something and they end up ruining things for everyone. Just an observation I've made over the years.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That's cool and appreciate that but I mean typical iPhone users who don't understand that these "developers" are really just users like you and me who have the know how skills and the time to devote to bettering our devices. And I've seen quite a few of the fruit converts treat the developers poorly. They have this assumption that the devs owe them something and they end up ruining things for everyone. Just an observation I've made over the years.

I'm not as big of a dev, but hey, if they actually took the time to donate before demanding, it would make everything a lot more pleasant. If the Fruit Converters can afford an overpriced, underpowered closed OS, then they should be able to afford "generous" donations.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not as big of a dev, but hey, if they actually took the time to donate before demanding, it would make everything a lot more pleasant. If the Fruit Converters can afford an overpriced, underpowered closed OS, then they should be able to afford "generous" donations.

Therein lies the problem. A donation is a way of saying thank you, it is not a binding contract that means they MUST support you until you stop using your phone. And it seems to be iFruit gone Android people who have a hard time grasping this concept.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Therein lies the problem. A donation is a way of saying thank you, it is not a binding contract that means they MUST support you until you stop using your phone. And it seems to be iFruit gone Android people who have a hard time grasping this concept.

I guess I worded it wrong. But yes, I understand that. But with that logic, they are never happy, nothing a dev does is good enough. That's why I feel, if someone is going to complain, er, I mean, request features, they should literally toss in their two cents. Or a greater amount. Or at the very least, compliments.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This is cool. FYI to forward to the next song/track you must say "next", and to go back to the last song/track you must say "previous. You can also control the volume up and down with the commands ?volume up? and ?volume down?.