Prefer stock keyboard?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes auto correct can be a pain. I just asked someone if they can come pick up their dad's when I typed Dvd's. Her dad died last year...

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm with the majority here. No auto-correct is the only reason I don't use the stock keyboard. While I miss the ability to pull out the S Pen and write, I just can't function without auto-correct. I tried flow for a bit, but I'm still faster at typing with auto-correct.

Sometimes auto correct can be a pain. I just asked someone if they can come pick up their dad's when I typed Dvd's. Her dad died last year...

Auto-correct only helps so much when someone doesn't proof read after finished typing. :)

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone prefer thd stock keyboard over 3rd party ones? I like the layout and next word predictions but it doesnt do any auto correct.

I dig the stock keyboard. I have 3 third party keyboards and no longer use any of them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
It just seems like something that would slow me down. I can't type pretty fast and the keyboard usually knows what I'm saying. There are those times it gets it wrong but on the whole it's pretty accurate.

nightelfdruid

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Back in the day I really liked FlexT9, but it has been integrated into Swype. I rocked out the stock keyboard for quite a while. I had no complaints. I recently switched to Swiftkey, purely because it matched my Galaxy Pack Wallpaper. It is beautiful, but I haven't noticed anything better about one or the other when it comes to functionality.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So how many people prefer it to SwiftKey? Part of the reason I use SwiftKey is for a consistent experience no matter what manufacturer makes my phone. I like the auto correct and predictive text. And the shortcuts. But something keeps bringing me back to the stock keyboard. I don't use the handwriting mode and rarely use the multi Window feature.

The one thing that I hate about SwiftKey is it sometimes doesn't auto correct it straight up replaces a word with what it think I meant. Annoys the crop (prime example) out of me. I'd rather make some typos and spelling errors than have the keyboard fabricate words that I didn't say.

bamboo616

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but when you say a stock keyboard, do you mean the one already installed on the phone? If so, then I'm quite happy with it, although I have no comparisons. I don't have Swype installed, but I am able to move my finger around without lifting. The only thing I wish the keyboard had was a comma on the main keyboard without having to switch the SYM. The phone makes suggestions but does not auto-correct, which I do not want. I usually spell better than most programs' suggestions.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying swiftkey flow to see how it is. A lot of people seem to love the swipe style text went entry. I don't seem to be very good at it though. Does anyone prefer the flow in the stock keyboard to swiftkey