Verizon Software Update

BlkWolf03

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I got impatient and did a temp unroot with Voodoo and it let me install the update .. now just waiting on the optimizing part

BlkWolf03

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Update:
Woohoo - success .. Voodoo works .. at least for me it did - I made sure the backup was on the sdcard and it work. The new binary update for SU failed the first time but I ran it again and it worked

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I know I had universal bsearch prior to me updating. .... I knew this would take it away....smh

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The update has zoomed my screen in somewhat. Folders with more than 8 apps in them extend past edge of screen and I can't scroll over. Am using Nova Launcher.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
A small thing, but you can now uninstall the Zappos app.

Also, did the yp.com app come preinstalled? If so, you can now get rid of it as well. Or maybe I installed that one myself at some point. Can't recall.

Also, the Favorites widget is now pulling contact photos from Facebook as well as G+.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice that the eye is always in their notification panel?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
FYI,

Those of you who are rooted and got the OTA currently operating on your device may want to check and make sure you still have the ability to unlock.....

BlkWolf03

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen so far is if you are using a custom recovery (TWRP or CWMR) you will have to wait until someone pulls the file and puts it in a update .zip .. if you are on stock you just have to make sure you are unrooted/ temp-unrooted and run the ota install then

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
From what I've seen so far is if you are using a custom recovery (TWRP or CWMR) you will have to wait until someone pulls the file and puts it in a update .zip .. if you are on stock you just have to make sure you are unrooted/ temp-unrooted and run the ota install then

and no other modifications made. I am still not able to update due to my SystemUI.apk.

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Assuming someone pulls the file and puts it in an update.zip, how do I unroot? Please consider me to be a complete ***** when it comes to this stuff - I had DroidXcon on the phone for an hour to unlock/root the phone. Life has been very busy lately and I just haven't had the time to play and flash roms. I should have never messed around with it....

BlkWolf03

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
and no other modifications made. I am still not able to update due to my SystemUI.apk.
Thought I had a copy of the apk here but it seems I dont .. someone on XDA may have a copy

Assuming someone pulls the file and puts it in an update.zip, how do I unroot? Please consider me to be a complete ***** when it comes to this stuff - I had DroidXcon on the phone for an hour to unlock/root the phone. Life has been very busy lately and I just haven't had the time to play and flash roms. I should have never messed around with it....

If you are on a stock rom then all you have to do is either download Voodoo Rootkeeper and do a temp unroot or with the SU app you have (SU or SuperSU) you can uninstall it or do a temp unroot option in SU I think ... if you are using a custom recovery with an unlocked bootloader then you'll just have to wait until somebody post that zip file probably later this evening - then you just put the zip file on your sdcard and boot into your recovery and install the zip from there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa