Have a galaxy nexus...want a note 2.

Sarah_Kirschbaum

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I went from the galaxy nexus to the note 2. It was the best upgrade I could have asked for. Not having to worry about my battery is life changing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If there's one thing that I don't like about my Note 2 is that the battery life is way too long.

It's almost as if the battery meter is saying "nice try, but there's no way you can run me down to 0% today...."

By comparison, my old Galaxy Nexus is always screaming "help!!! charge me now! I'm dying!!!"

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I want one....just have some bills to pay so I may have to wait till august or so...ugh!!!!
I always wanted the latest and greatest but now it's about having a solid device.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I want one....just have some bills to pay so I may have to wait till august or so...ugh!!!!
I always wanted the latest and greatest but now it's about having a solid device.
in the meantime I'd suggest getting a 3800 mHz Hyperion extended battery from Amazon. You can go all day without worrying.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been greatly debating picking up a Note2 lately, and I as well will be coming from a Galaxy Nexus. The extra screen real estate has always appealed to me since the original note was released. My hesitation besides the money is I love plain Vanilla Android and am not into rooting and all that.

Is the battery like really that much better? I know it's about 50% larger but I figured the bigger screen would use a fair amount more power itself. The GNex battery has really been getting on my nerves lately, most of the day I have it charging and its no big deal but if I am somewhere charging isn't possible and streaming data you can nearly watch the battery drain.

Btw, if you are not in a hurry, there might be a promotion, there was one a few months ago where you could get the note 2 for $50 on contract or about $405 new direct from a retailer via the etf method m

You are saying I missed a sale where I could buy a brand new Note2 for $400 off contract?

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Is the battery like really that much better? I know it's about 50% larger but I figured the bigger screen would use a fair amount more power itself. The GNex battery has really been getting on my nerves lately, most of the day I have it charging and its no big deal but if I am somewhere charging isn't possible and streaming data you can nearly watch the battery drain.

YES. The other day I went from 7am all the way up till 3am the next day and by then I STILL had 28% left. My other phones would have been dead way before that. I was using my Note 2 all day... Messaging, Facebook, photos, web browsing, emails... Like 2 phone calls... Some editing on pics I took... Uploading to social media sites, drawing on sketchbook mobile... Etc. I would consider that heavy use, at least for me... Since my other phones wouldn't last that long... Not even in my wildest dreams lol. Battery life on this thing is amazing. I'm still considering getting a spare battery because I always like to have at least one spare, but it's nice not having to freak out when your phone begins to lose charge.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!!!! :D

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am sold, I need a Note2. :)

Can anyone else confirm what DPHAM said about Verizon having a recent sale on the Note2 for $400 off contract? I'd like some proof of this so I can call up customer retention and try to get it for this price. I've been loyally giving Verizon $130 a month now for many many years so I think I have some leverage to get it for a recent sale price if there indeed was one.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Good luck trying to get them to give you a promotional price after it ended.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have gotten Verizon to do similar things before. When you break down to them how much money you have paid for services over the past decade it puts them in a tough position to honor a sale price that you missed.

I just need someone to confirm this sale actually happened (some sort of website or image proof would be even better). A Google search turns up nothing and I have never heard of a phone being discounted on the retail (off-contract) price so I am skeptical.

Seems you can buy them used in the $400 to $450 range but much rather have new at the same price if possible.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I had a Galaxy Nexus for a little less than a year, when it stopped receiving calls at all and started having other problems I used my other half's upgrade and got a Note 2. Best thing I've done, this phone is really really good. I have never been able to get any data signal at all inside my house, not with the Nexus, or the Droid X I had before that, and I not only can use the Note 2 as a phone in the house I can actually get data signal. I would say run don't walk to get a Note 2 and get rid of the Nexus. The Note 2 shines in all of the areas the Nexus fails!

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
YES. The other day I went from 7am all the way up till 3am the next day and by then I STILL had 28% left. My other phones would have been dead way before that. I was using my Note 2 all day... Messaging, Facebook, photos, web browsing, emails... Like 2 phone calls... Some editing on pics I took... Uploading to social media sites, drawing on sketchbook mobile... Etc. I would consider that heavy use, at least for me... Since my other phones wouldn't last that long... Not even in my wildest dreams lol. Battery life on this thing is amazing. I'm still considering getting a spare battery because I always like to have at least one spare, but it's nice not having to freak out when your phone begins to lose charge.

What settings do you have your phone set to? That battery life is amazing

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
What settings do you have your phone set to? That battery life is amazing

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

I have GPS off. Bluetooth off since I don't use a headset. Screen to auto brightness. I manually check my two Gmail accounts, but even if you had it set up to fetch the mail for you that would use a very minimal amount of battery. Sometimes I toggle power saving mode on. I also use a free app called easy battery saver. I used it on my evo 4g LTE, and I noticed a great improvement in battery life when I set it to intelligent mode. However, if you do use this app and like to stream music or use messaging apps like WhatsApp, I would toggle it to Normal mode so it doesn't cut your data traffic, and then switch it back when you aren't using the phone. This worked well for me on my previous phone and I got very good battery life while most people complained they hated their phones lol.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Well guys after I scouring ebay for days for a deal I got my NoteII! So glad I did.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38