Note 2 battery nowhere near Razr Maxx.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Please don't get me wrong. I love my note 2. Best phone ever. But I just can't understand how people go a whole day of regular use and still say the have 30-40% left in their battery. I have been through many smart phones and razr maxx being one of them. Hands down no other phone can even come close to the battery power of motorola.
Now I know the note 2 is bigger in every aspect. But reading some threads that have some claiming awesome battery life with everything on like wifi, 4G, full screen etc, is ridiculous.
Razr maxx battery claims are more believable because it was the only phone getting me through a whole day (6am-12am) no joke.
So anyways please don't think I'm putting this phone down. It truly is the best I ever had. I just feel If I used it to the extend as I did the razr it would not make it a whole day.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You may have an issue with your phone or settings. I personally can't kill mine in a day if I try. I can also agree that 30 to 40% remaining at the end of the day is common for me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have both the Note 2 and Razr Maxx phones, both by Verizon. The Razr Maxx is now retired as simply a music player wirelessly tethered to a Bluetooth speaker. A shame, I know! The Razr looks and feels like a toy compared to the Note 2. The larger size screen and stronger processing power of the Note 2 eats up battery life faster compared to the Razr. In any case, just get an extra battery for the Note 2, plus an extra charger for work and home and in the car. While you're at, get a portable battery charger too. I have all these items multiplied by a factor of 4 to get me through all my devices.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The batteries between the two are close; 3300mAh in the Razr Maxx and 3100mAh in the Note 2. Note 2 has a larger screen (5.5" to the Maxx's 4.7") and a quad core cpu (dual core on Maxx), also Maxx has smart actions software to maximize battery life. Considering all that it's understandable the Maxx probably gets better overall battery life. But, the Note 2 is no slouch either (see my screen shots below :D) and has the advantage of a user replaceable battery to get you back to a 100% charge in minutes. :)

Screenshot_2013-06-27-10-25-51.pngScreenshot_2013-06-27-10-25-43.png

For a spec comparison see: Samsung GALAXY Note II Verizon vs Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD - Phone specs comparison

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The Maxx has an objectively better "battery life" based on fact alone. 3300mah vs 3100mah means it's larger. Albeit not by a whole lot, but it still could be the difference between your phone dying and shutting off or lasting that extra hour to make it to a charger.

As mentioned it's different hardware under the hood which has to be looked at and tested. But in all honesty it's more likely that the Maxx is superior in battery life. It's one of the two things Motorola does well.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I never have an issue with battery on the Note 2 running a full day. I'm regularly at over 75% after 8 hours.

And, I have the following things on all of the time: GPS, 4G, Bluetooth, wifi, NFC, screen at full brightness, AND a live wallpaper.

Whether it does as good as a Maxx is meaningless since I don't have a Maxx. As long as it's good enough for me with everything running I'm a happy camper.

A phone without a removable battery is a show stopper for me. Even with great battery life there are situations and emergencies when the battery must be replaced. Thus, the Maxx is a no go.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I too can't stand a smartphone with a non-removable battery. The only reason I had the Razr Maxx was because Verizon offered it to me as a replacement for my retarded HTC Thunderbolt that was going berzerk on me. I way prefer my Note 2 smartphone with its removable battery.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My Razr Maxx got better battery life than my Note II, but not by much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Please don't get me wrong. I love my note 2. Best phone ever. But I just can't understand how people go a whole day of regular use and still say the have 30-40% left in their battery. I have been through many smart phones and razr maxx being one of them. Hands down no other phone can even come close to the battery power of motorola.
Now I know the note 2 is bigger in every aspect. But reading some threads that have some claiming awesome battery life with everything on like wifi, 4G, full screen etc, is ridiculous.
Razr maxx battery claims are more believable because it was the only phone getting me through a whole day (6am-12am) no joke.
So anyways please don't think I'm putting this phone down. It truly is the best I ever had. I just feel If I used it to the extend as I did the razr it would not make it a whole day.

People lie about battery life.. People used to lie and tell me that the palm pre got 24 hours of battery life.. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I came to N2 from Razr Maxx. My experience is that I get better battery life from N2. In my case I think it has to do with connectivity at my workplace. The Maxx could not seem to stay connected to either WiFi or 4G at work so was always searching trying to reconnect. Zero connectivity issues with N2.

Posted via Android Central App

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1372509309299.jpg

I consider this decent. I use my device non stop & I can easily get a full day's use.

I should also mention my Note 2 is overclocked at 1.92 Ghz. I'm using the Goodness Rom with Faux's kernel & app.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 72574

I consider this decent. I use my device non stop & I can easily get a full day's use.

I should also mention my Note 2 is overclocked at 1.92 Ghz. I'm using the Goodness Rom with Faux's kernel & app.

Nice. I have to agree with the general sentiment and information shown in this thread. I've gone ~ 2.5 days on a single charge with light to moderate use. Now granted I turn off WiFi once leaving the house, and do not use Bluetooth or NFC regularly. Power Saving mode is off, and am running a stock kernel. Main app usage is e-mail, texting, music, and browsing intermittently throughout the day (have to work some :)). Having a debloated custom ROM probably helps as there are few background processes running between the ones that the ROM developers removed and those that I've frozen.

Just sharing this for the general thread. Here's one way to think about background processes, bloat, and other stuff that can consume your battery Rate Suckers - Progressive Insurance Commercial - YouTube

Not to take the thread too far off track, how does the Goodness ROM and Faux kernel combo battery life compare with any other prior ROMs you've used? I ask as I've been following the Goodness thread on XDA, and have this ROM on my "short list".

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Not to take the thread too far off track, how does the Goodness ROM and Faux kernel combo battery life compare with any other prior ROMs you've used? I ask as I've been following the Goodness thread on XDA, and have this ROM on my "short list".

Seems good thus far. I'm only running this rom 2 days, so it we'll see how it is in a few days.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
A phone without a removable battery is a show stopper for me. Even with great battery life there are situations and emergencies when the battery must be replaced. Thus, the Maxx is a no go.

I too can't stand a smartphone with a non-removable battery. The only reason I had the Razr Maxx was because Verizon offered it to me as a replacement for my retarded HTC Thunderbolt that was going berzerk on me. I way prefer my Note 2 smartphone with its removable battery.

Similar sentiment here regarding a sealed/embedded battery. I find it much more convenient to have a spare and swap it out as needed than to be limited to managing the charge/discharge level of that one sealed/embedded battery. Case in point; the other day after posting (above), I finishing up browsing the forums and other phone activities (few e-mails, texts and a phone call) and the battery was down to about 15%. I simply swapped out for a fresh one, put the depleted one in the charger and went about my business the rest of the day knowing that spare would be ready later when needed. No need to worry about conserving battery in how I use the phone or looking to top off a charge some where. In the end, those two 3100mAh batteries (6200mAh total, could be more by adding more batteries) smokes the Razr Maxx with its sealed/embedded battery. :p

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I never, ever, EVER worry about conserving battery life on my Note 2 because I know I have an extra charged battery in my jacket pocket, plus a Samsung battery charger, plus literally numerous portable battery chargers that range from 1,500 mAh up to 16,000 mAh and keep all these various portable chargers at home, in my cars, at work, in my backpack, etc. Plus I have a sick number of USB charging cables and charging adapters that numbers somewhere in the many, many dozens. I have more charging cables that anyone I know by a factor of at least 4 to 5. I won't even go into portable solar charging batteries, which I have numerous items ranging from various brands and sizes. I further won't go into various size car jumper batteries that have various 110/220/12volt/USB power outlets, of which I also have numerous of these in different sizes. The reason I have so many charging accessories is because I have multiple cars, do camping in remote areas, do wireless tethering to multiple laptops and tablets. You should see my second vehicle which is a camper van which I spent $4,000 on adding a Group 27 AGM auxillary battery connected to a 2,000 watt inverter, which is connected to solar panels on the rooftop for trickle charging the auxillary battery. This auxillary battery can power a microwave oven if needed, plus can power a fridge, and many portable electronic devices including a television, dvd player, laptops, etc. When I say I have more batteries and charging accessories than anyone I know within my personal circles, I'm not kidding, haha! It's really a sickness, actually! I need a cure. :eek::)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Maxx has an objectively better "battery life" based on fact alone. 3300mah vs 3100mah means it's larger. Albeit not by a whole lot, but it still could be the difference between your phone dying and shutting off or lasting that extra hour to make it to a charger.

As mentioned it's different hardware under the hood which has to be looked at and tested. But in all honesty it's more likely that the Maxx is superior in battery life. It's one of the two things Motorola does well.

i can only speak from my personal experience, but my note 2 gets better battery life than my razr maxx. i was getting maybe 4-4.5 hours screen on time on my maxx, and 4.5-5.5 hours screen on time on my note 2. obviously, there are many factors that go into battery life. and yes, the razr maxx battery is slightly larger, but battery isn't everything. the razr maxx and other phones of it's time are not as power efficient as newer phones. this is the reason why the razr maxx hd gets substantially better battery life than the razr maxx. The razr maxx has a 45nm chip, the maxx hd has a 28nm chip, which plays a factor into the battery life. the note 2 has a 32nm chip.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I never have an issue with battery on the Note 2 running a full day. I'm regularly at over 75% after 8 hours.

And, I have the following things on all of the time: GPS, 4G, Bluetooth, wifi, NFC, screen at full brightness, AND a live wallpaper.

Whether it does as good as a Maxx is meaningless since I don't have a Maxx. As long as it's good enough for me with everything running I'm a happy camper.

That's hard to believe. It is what it is. Its like when I had my Fascinate, worst phone ever for me. But to others they loved it without any major problems. Go figure. I know for a fact if I used my Note 2 like I did my Maxx, Maxx will win. I used my Note 2 yesterday quite a bit, like internet, a few calls and played a few games, checked and replied to emails. By 6pm battery was at 40%. By 9pm I was charging to make it before I got home for the day. (This is unplugging phone from charger at 8am). Maxx will make it by 11pm every single day.
By the way do some people hate a phone without a removable battery? If its big enough like the Maxx to make through the day you won't need a spare battery.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That's hard to believe. It is what it is. Its like when I had my Fascinate, worst phone ever for me. But to others they loved it without any major problems. Go figure. I know for a fact if I used my Note 2 like I did my Maxx, Maxx will win. I used my Note 2 yesterday quite a bit, like internet, a few calls and played a few games, checked and replied to emails. By 6pm battery was at 40%. By 9pm I was charging to make it before I got home for the day. (This is unplugging phone from charger at 8am). Maxx will make it by 11pm every single day.
By the way do some people hate a phone without a removable battery? If its big enough like the Maxx to make through the day you won't need a spare battery.

What's your screen on time after a day's use?
Seems like the Note should last longer than that. There could also be the possibility of apps that have been updated since you've switched over that are using more battery juice. The new Google Music app continues to run in the background and use up more juice than the previous version. After my one month free trial is up, I might cancel my subscription and downgrade back to the old version. I also disabled some of the Samsung media share apps I wasn't using that kept running in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo