I have lost my obsession with upgrading phones frequently after owning the Note 2 for a few months

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
For the last several years, I don't know how how much money I've wasted. When "newer" phone comes out, I must have it. After owing my current Note 2 for a few months, I have lost this obsession. The old me would be "upgrading" to the Galayx S4 by now. Or be in the process of selling the Note 2 in advance of the pending arrival of the Note 3. Now I' just don't care anymore. The Note 2 feels like a phone that I can keep for another two or three years.

I don't know if this is good or bad.... :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya! The only reason I am considering an upgrade is I'm craving a smaller device. Whether I do it or not is yet to be seen. I got my Note II in January and I usually would have switched by now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I used to think the same way and it was because of the Note 2 as well. But I have since moved on. The obsession is hard to break especially when you are visiting tech sites and participating in forum discussions about smartphones. You will continually be intrigued by other services and what you think they may offer you. I love my Nexus 4 but it is hard to not flip it for something newer and shinier. If you can abstain, you ate a lot better than me.

Sent from my Nexus 7

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The Note 2 feels like a phone that I can keep for another two or three years.

I would agree completely if the Note 2 had 32 or 64 GB of flash built in. What with apps, and data that needs to be internal, I am always sitting with around 1GB free.

I am sure I will enjoy all the upgrades in the Note 3, but all I really care about is more internal storage.

And then I could totally see myself sticking with the Note 3 for at least a couple of years.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm intrigued by the always-on voice feature of the Moto X which apparently is standard on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 found on the just-announced LG G2, and apparently will be on the Note 3. If the Note 3 provides similar "awareness" and always-on voice features, I will be very tempted to sell my Note 2 for the Note 3.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I felt the same way after a few months on the Note2, but the size got the better of me. I made the switch to the s4 and the size is prefect. I really wish I had some of the money back that I spent on smart phones over the lady several years.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I felt the same way after a few months on the Note2, but the size got the better of me. I made the switch to the s4 and the size is prefect. I really wish I had some of the money back that I spent on smart phones over the lady several years.

That happened to me too! The only difference is I'm holding out for the Droid Maxx because I'm not too happy with the lower end battery of the S4. If Samsung out a 3300 mah battery then I'd be all over the S4.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

rdonnelly

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed since I got my new note, I do not need to frequent forums looking for help or apps like when I had a Blackberry Bold and a Playbook. My Note 2 replaces both of these just fine. I guess it is Android for ever from now on?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I noticed since I got my new note, I do not need to frequent forums looking for help or apps like when I had a Blackberry Bold and a Playbook. My Note 2 replaces both of these just fine. I guess it is Android for ever from now on?

Blackberry was tough. I loved the devices, but there was just too much they couldn't do or do well.

Sent from my Nexus 7

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I love the note 2... I do.... I just am not sure that i want to continue odn with this size... For the first 6mo i thought it was fine.. But lately ive been wishing for a more manageable in the hand phone.. With a large screen.. Lg G2.. On my radar unless the note 3 has something to change the game.. Full Hd screen and more hand gestures won't do it... To keep me dealing with the size.. Too add idk about a 3yrd year with the same touchwiz.. Again I love this phone.. It's been the best.. In the back of my mind im saying.... New phone? To do what?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

bigboi3021

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
At the end of the day, if you love your Note II the only device that can replace it is the Note III. It's the same effect with the iPhone.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I replaced my Note 2 with an S4 and Note 8.0. I'm very glad I did but I realize some folks prefer to just have one device.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The main reason why I want the note 3 would be because of Advanced wireless services. That should hopefully provide better data speeds in peak load areas and times

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
For the last several years, I don't know how how much money I've wasted. When "newer" phone comes out, I must have it. After owing my current Note 2 for a few months, I have lost this obsession. The old me would be "upgrading" to the Galayx S4 by now. Or be in the process of selling the Note 2 in advance of the pending arrival of the Note 3. Now I' just don't care anymore. The Note 2 feels like a phone that I can keep for another two or three years.

I don't know if this is good or bad.... :)

Yeah same Note 2 is the best phone I have ever had. Was a little skeptical at first in having such a big phone. But after a few days of watching my Dish tv on the 5.5 screen cleared that up. Just last week I was helping a friend with their
Droid X2 and as I was holding it I thought how did I ever get by with such a small phone. And if the JB 4.3 comes through we should get most of the cool software features that the GS4 has and that the GS3 probably will have.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, given that my wife will not let my buy a motorcycle (yet) I'm gonna enjoy as much of this technology as I possibly can. If the Note 3 looks yummier than my S4/Note 8.0 combo I'm going for it.

Sent from my humble S4

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, given that my wife will not let my buy a motorcycle (yet) I'm gonna enjoy as much of this technology as I possibly can. If the Note 3 looks yummier than my S4/Note 8.0 combo I'm going for it.

Sent from my humble S4

Would you really want to replace your S4 and Note 8 with one device? I will admit that the Note 3 seems awesome, but there will be some tradeoffs to combine your needs into one device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Would you really want to replace your S4 and Note 8 with one device? I will admit that the Note 3 seems awesome, but there will be some tradeoffs to combine your needs into one device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I came from the Note 2 to my
current Dynamic Duo. The Note 3 would have to be exceedingly awesome to carry me until I could add the new revamped Asus Transformer Infinity to the miix. We shall see in a couple of weeks I hope.

Sent from my humble S4

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I came from the Note 2 to my
current Dynamic Duo. The Note 3 would have to be exceedingly awesome to carry me until I could add the new revamped Asus Transformer Infinity to the miix. We shall see in a couple of weeks I hope.

Sent from my humble S4

I had a Note 2 and it was a nice piece of tech, but I found that it was too big for some things and too small for others. I sold the Note 2 and with the cash bought a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 7. That combination was awesome. I used the N4 (that's a comfortable size for a phone) when I was out and about and then when I got home, I used the N7 for all of my movies, books, and gaming. It was the best of both worlds. I don't think that I could give such a combination up for one device that will not really meet my expectations as a phone or a multimedia device. For now, I have the iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and the two are working awesome for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a Note 2 and it was a nice piece of tech, but I found that it was too big for some things and too small for others. I sold the Note 2 and with the cash bought a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 7. That combination was awesome. I used the N4 (that's a comfortable size for a phone) when I was out and about and then when I got home, I used the N7 for all of my movies, books, and gaming. It was the best of both worlds. I don't think that I could give such a combination up for one device that will not really meet my expectations as a phone or a multimedia device. For now, I have the iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and the two are working awesome for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. Having just one device is a bit of a compromise. Another aspect I really enjoy about having both a phone and a tablet instead of just a phablet is that if one's battery dies and is charging I have the other.

Again, the Note 3 would have to be really awesome...but I could always get a Nexus 7 too in another month. Toys. I love toys.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Having just one device is a bit of a compromise. Another aspect I really enjoy about having both a phone and a tablet instead of just a phablet is that if one's battery dies and is charging I have the other.

Again, the Note 3 would have to be really awesome...but I could always get a Nexus 7 too in another month. Toys. I love toys.

The issue for me is that I don't want to carry around two devices...

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4