Now that Android 4.4 Kit Kat is about to be released, will this make Note 2 three versions behind?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
my main reason for buying the note 2 was not the s pen or multi windows. it was the screen size. i had heard such great things about samsung products and i loved the idea of a big screen, so i bought it. ive had it since feb and i hope the big screen line of phones never goes away.

With the Note line being a huge hit, I doubt it ever will go away.

Bill P

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
jpriest007,

In my earlier post I stated that my note2 had 4.2.2. Sorry, I meant to say my 7" tab2 had updated to 4.2.2. Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
my main reason for buying the note 2 was not the s pen or multi windows. it was the screen size. i had heard such great things about samsung products and i loved the idea of a big screen, so i bought it. ive had it since feb and i hope the big screen line of phones never goes away.

I have not used the S-pen in more than 7 months. :( I love my Galaxy Note 2 for its big screen.

Is that really shallow? (kind of like dating a girl only because she has big breasts and ignoring her smart brain?)

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knows when Kit Kat is rumored to be released by Verizon? July or August, maybe?

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have not used the S-pen in more than 7 months. :( I love my Galaxy Note 2 for its big screen.

Is that really shallow? (kind of like dating a girl only because she has big breasts and ignoring her smart brain?)

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knows when Kit Kat is rumored to be released by Verizon? July or August, maybe?

Note 2 probably won't get the official update OTA

sent from Galaxy Note 2

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
lol Those who don't think the Note 2 will get Kitkat are ridiculous, of course it will. It will probably get it around February to March 2014. Of course by then, there'll be a newer version of Kitkat out, but it will get Kitkat.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
lol Those who don't think the Note 2 will get Kitkat are ridiculous, of course it will. It will probably get it around February to March 2014. Of course by then, there'll be a newer version of Kitkat out, but it will get Kitkat.

I want it on my note 2 because I love the candy. My favorite.

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

We probably wouldn't have even received 4.3 if it weren't for Gear. This phone is now officially old tech, Samsung and Verizon (especially Verizon) aren't going to dedicate the resources to this phone to write, distribute, and support another upgrade. They have other, more important priorities, like the S4, Note 3, and new (yet-released) products.

This is it.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

LOL What? Haven't used the S-Pen in over 7 months? :eek: That's one of THE major reasons to get a Note device (besides the screen size)! I use mine every single day! Helps keep the screen clean, not even a finger print! :p

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

We probably wouldn't have even received 4.3 if it weren't for Gear. This phone is now officially old tech, Samsung and Verizon (especially Verizon) aren't going to dedicate the resources to this phone to write, distribute, and support another upgrade. They have other, more important priorities, like the S4, Note 3, and new (yet-released) products.

This is it.

To be frank and like I said in the thread previously, I'm still happy with the original release software (4.1.1) the Note 2 shipped with. It still rocks with it to this day! So I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth! I'll look for a new OS version with the Note 4! And I pray it doesn't have that Knox crap on it! :mad:

ivanrooni

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I believe kit Kat will make it to the Note 2. It is billed as a simplified os and supposedly for older model phones. Usually there are 3 upgrades before it becomes terribly old school phone. I will say that I if this is old school for now then I'm happy

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what 4.4 will offer to the note 2. I'm happy with 4.3. Single finger pull down in notifications, apps to sd, I got photosphere through side load, improved battery life, and Foxfi working again, no more ongoing wi-fi notification, blocking mode, etc. I don't know if 4.4 brings anything worthwhile to the table, if any.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
What is Knox btw?

It's Samsung's new security software. See:https://support.samsungknox.com/entries/24842607-What-is-Samsung-KNOX-

Samsung KNOX is an Android-based platform designed to overcome the shortcomings of the current open-source platform. Samsung KNOX addresses security at the OS level in a comprehensive three-prong strategy:

Secure Boot—A procedure that prevents unauthorized operating systems and software from loading during the startup process.
Security Enhancements for Android (SE for Android)—Brings SELinux technology to Android. SELinux is a security feature developed by the NSA (National Security Agency) to support military apps.
TrustZone-based Kernel Integrity Measurement Architecture (TIMA)—Performs non-bypassable, continuous integrity monitoring of the Android kernel.

In addition to securing the OS, Samsung KNOX addresses the security of individual apps:

Container—Provides a virtual Android environment to isolate enterprise apps and data in their own secure zone.
Per-app VPN—Enables an individual app or group of apps to transmit data over a secure VPN connection.
Data encryption—Full-device and container-level data encryption fully protect app data on the device.

Finally, Samsung KNOX provides complementary enterprise services:

Single Sign-On (SSO)—Plugs into an enterprise’s ActiveDirectory to enable employees to sign into apps using their corporate logins.
Common Access Card (CAC)—Enables active-duty military, selected Reserve, DoD civilian employees, and contractors to identify themselves by scanning a Smart ID card through a reader attached to the device.
Theft Recovery—Includes a built‐in anti-theft solution and an associated subscription service that provides both tracking and recovery in the event a device is stolen.

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using CM11 with 4.4.2 and I have noticed much better battery life compared to 4.1.2 and also no lag when scrolling whatsoever. I haven't tried 4.3, I just skipped ahead to 4.4.2. Of course I'm missing the specific features for the note 2 and touchwiz, but I'm happy with what Kitkat brings to the table.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I rarely use the s pen either. I thought I would use it all the time but I just don't. I just mostly like the size of the screen. I think the s pen is much more useful on tablets than a phone. I'm thinking of picking up a note 8.0.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty