If I ditch my Note to and upgrade to Note 3, will I notice a big improvement in speed?

HybridCat

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If I ditch my Note to and upgrade to Note 3, will I notice a big improvement in speed or smoothness?
(on apps that I use daily, such as Netflix, S-Note, Chrome, Chromecast, Google Maps, TomTom navigation, Spotify)

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
If I ditch my Note to and upgrade to Note 3, will I notice a big improvement in speed or smoothness?
(on apps that I use daily, such as Netflix, S-Note, Chrome, Chromecast, Google Maps, TomTom navigation, Spotify)
I would assume so, it's a huge jump in specs and the android version. It should perform noticeably better

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
A faster processor doesn't necessarily mean more speed.
If there is no lag and you're not maxing out your current cpu it's possible that there will be no noticeable difference.

I work with IBM power servers. Each new iteration comes with a cpu bump. Going from a power 5 to a power 7 was a noticeable difference, but going from a power 6 to a power 7, none of our apps received a decrease in runtime.

I personally think the software enhancements on the Note 3 are much more of an improvement over the Note 2 than the hardware.

HybridCat

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I would assume so, it's a huge jump in specs and the android version. It should perform noticeably better

I can't wait.... A Verizon Wireless corporate store manager who has played with the Note 3 during training told me that the Note 3 played YouTube videos much faster and the picture looks clearer. He also said with the Note 3, Verizon will now do OTA update just as fast as any other U.S. carrier.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait.... A Verizon Wireless corporate store manager who has played with the Note 3 during training told me that the Note 3 played YouTube videos much faster and the picture looks clearer. He also said with the Note 3, Verizon will now do OTA update just as fast as any other U.S. carrier.

The processor really should not make much difference in how fast a video streams, its more the network than anything there. Ya the video will be clearer as the screen is more dense. As far as the OTA updates I will believe it when I see it. I think your getting played on that one for sure. Verizon has never been fast on updates on any android phone. They test everything it seems with one guy who works 2 hours a week.

HybridCat

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
The processor really should not make much difference in how fast a video streams, its more the network than anything there. Ya the video will be clearer as the screen is more dense. As far as the OTA updates I will believe it when I see it. I think your getting played on that one for sure. Verizon has never been fast on updates on any android phone. They test everything it seems with one guy who works 2 hours a week.

He(the VZW manager) said even regular voice calls to other Verizon customers will sound better because of the faster processor.

HybridCat

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe that. Maybe because of HD sound enhancements in the software, but certainly not because of the processor

He said it's because the Note 3 has 1080p screen, which is "true HD" so the sound will be clear... and dialing will be easier because the dial pad will be easier to see.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
He said it's because the Note 3 has 1080p screen, which is "true HD" so the sound will be clear... and dialing will be easier because the dial pad will be easier to see.

Sounds like that tech needs to go back to school lol. How would a screen affect sound quality? Absolutely ridiculous. I will agree with him on how the dial pad will be easier to see though.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

Yeah..... Probably shouldn't believe anything this person told you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Lmaooo
Why is this never not funny? How does Verizon allow crap like that to go on in their stores? Amazing

SwiftKey'd from my Bohemoth Note2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress