check for an update... reports of a 4.3.3 OTA has been posted

kdwisdom

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade Assistant is downloading new software for the GN II for Verizon, hope its not getting my hopes up. First it upgraded UA and now its downloading new software.

bk73

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
They plugged my note in and ran upgrade check came back with nothing. Was told if it was coming out usually they can bypass Verizon and upgrade early.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Your previous post (the one I replied to) says "even when rooted", but yes, I am on the stock rooted ROM beans made from the Verizon OTA.

I rooted specifically to use wifi tether for free. I followed Beans OTA rom till everyone reported that wifi tether logon bypass no longer worked. Even with foxfi. I suppose if that's been fixed I missed it.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
With 4.3 locking out wifi tether, even when rooted, I don't care to even get it. Happy with 4.1.2

This is the first I come across this issue. I tether daily (I don't have internet at home BC 4g is faster) and can't lose the ability to tether for free. I guess I won't update either until the issue is fixed. I don't want to root either.

Posted via Android Central App

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Any one have any update info to the GNII from Verizon in the Southeast US??

Posted via Android Central App

The only two confirmed Verizon Galaxy Note 2 that received the update were in Ohio and Tennessee. I don't think either of those states is considered Southeast.... :(

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The only two confirmed Verizon Galaxy Note 2 that received the update were in Ohio and Tennessee. I don't think either of those states is considered Southeast.... :(

Southeast: Ohio (no) Tennessee (yes)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

KOOLWATER

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Two "confirmed" cases is not confirmation of an update in my book... its sketchy at best. Even the blogs have stayed away from that one and it has not been "confirmed" by this site or any other reputable phone blog.

Sent from my Note2 using AC Forums App

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I felt Beans was a little complicated from what I'm used to, and I'm still a little concerned that wifi tether will not work.
Made the jump to CM11 4.4.2 and there's a little adjustment.
I don't like losing sPen features from Sense. I don't like using Hangouts for sms. Although that might be a gapps thing.

Anyways just here to report wifi tether works with CM11.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I felt Beans was a little complicated from what I'm used to, and I'm still a little concerned that wifi tether will not work.
Made the jump to CM11 4.4.2 and there's a little adjustment.
I don't like losing sPen features from Sense. I don't like using Hangouts for sms. Although that might be a gapps thing.

Anyways just here to report wifi tether works with CM11.

Plenty of people on beans 4.3 has wifi tether working, including myself.
It seems the only ones that didn't get it working are those that didn't do the firmware update using Odin on the pc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-19-16-34-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-19-16-34-16.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 60

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87