what roms do you suggest?

TheJustPull

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a clean, stable rom thay will offer great battery life.I've unlocked my bootloader and I'm ready to go, just need a rom. Also, what version of cm works with 4.1.2?

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Also, what version of cm works with 4.1.2?

Check CM's website or even better grab Goo Manager from the Play Store which is free and its an application that many popular ROM devs work with and it keeps you up to date on new ROM updates, allows you to download them and flash directly from the app. It also " filters " the ROMs so it only selects stuff device specific.

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
JellyBeans hands down... I've tried most everything, and always go back to Beanstown's ROMs beacause they're smooth, fast and stable. The battery life on his latest version (v17) is pretty stellar... I'm at 28% after 26 hrs on battery, 3h 46min on screen & I used GPS/Google Tracks for 90minutes yesterday when I went for a bike ride. When you install the ROM there are several kernel options... I've tried them all with previous Beans' versions, and I think stock works the best.

★☞ [Rom][4.1.2] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 17 [07/19/13][Fully Customizable][VRBMF1] ☜★ - xda-developers

And do remember to flash the firmware (modem, etc) as well... it's linked in the 2nd post of that thread. Generally I follow the steps laid out in another post in this forum... wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache, format /system, install firmware zip (if it's not up-to-date), then install the ROM zip. Happy flashing!

TheJustPull

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I went with cm 10.1.2, however i did not notice untill install that the play store isnt included. The install is done and im running the rom and I love it, but I need to get my apps back. It said to go to Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps for the market but i do not know how to tell which version I need to install

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I went with cm 10.1.2, however i did not notice untill install that the play store isnt included. The install is done and im running the rom and I love it, but I need to get my apps back. It said to go to Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps for the market but i do not know how to tell which version I need to install

Grab the version..

GAPPS_20130301

That seems to be the one everyone is working from with Android 4.1.x and above based ROMs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

TheJustPull

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Grab the version..

GAPPS_20130301

That seems to be the one everyone is working from with Android 4.1.x and above based ROMs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks.. I found that earlier after a mild freak out session lol

Posted via Android Central App

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm a CleanROM fan, myself (CleanROM Seven). Very stable, no Verizon junk, just a really nice experience. If you use that with Lean Kernel 3.0, you'll also like your battery life more. If you go that way, don't forget to at least try the MF1 modem as well, it's all been working really well for me for several weeks now. I used CleanROM 6r2 before that, with MB1 modems and rpm, and that worked well also. I just used TWRP, and installed the .zip files from recovery mode (after making a nandroid backup of my previous software, of course *smile*), worked very well. Stayed with TouchWiz, and have the lidroid switches on the notification bar, that makes the important settings very easy to get to.

Enjoy where ever you end up.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm a CleanROM fan, myself (CleanROM Seven). Very stable, no Verizon junk, just a really nice experience. If you use that with Lean Kernel 3.0, you'll also like your battery life more.

I like CleanROM a lot but my experience on CleanROM Seven had some problems. Some apps would get hung up and continue running in the background and Google Maps would not hold a GPS signal for more than a few minutes (even after uninstalling update). The problem with the apps not closing properly is a Tasker profile that sets display time to 5 minutes if certain apps are open. Because Carbon, Facebook, G+ and others continued in the background the display would not return to 15 second time off and my battery drained very quickly. Only a force close would stop the hung up app and then it would happen again the next time I opened it.

I'm back on CleanROM 6.0 R2 and everything is working fine even with the Google Maps update.

I do recommend CleanROM (even Seven) because it's a quick, stable ROM. My battery drain experience was specific to my phone set up but the GPS issue I couldn't diagnose so I've just gone back to what works for me.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree about Clean Rom 7, CleanRom6.2 seemed a lot more stable to me than 7. or my phone just doesn't like this latest vzw update. trying out CM10.1.2 now and see how that goes.

chiadrum

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I am running Carbon and pretty much loving it.Probably not the best for battery life.Also my gmail seems to get a bit scrambled sometimes and wakeup has a lag occasionally.Other than that it is spot on and blazing fast which is what I was really after.Digging Halo as well.
I installed beans and it ran fine for a day and the next day the phone was frozen.Rebooted and it was frozen again 5 minutes later.That's when i went to carbon.
My .02

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
How is the battery life with the last nightlies of cm 10.1.2. I have carbon 1.8 installed now but battery life isn't great. I've been looking for something new in the aosp ROMs. Suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2