Is root interfering with e-mail access?

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Trying to run a third party app called GOOD that I downloaded from the play store. My company just started using this so we can get out work email on our own personal phone. My friend has same phone as me....Verizon GS3 and his works fine with no root. Im rooted running CM10 and I get an error everytime I try and run it. ANy ideas what I can do besides unrooting my phone??? I would like to keep my root...Thx

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Trying to run a third party app called GOOD that I downloaded from the play store. My company just started using this so we can get out work email on our own personal phone. My friend has same phone as me....Verizon GS3 and his works fine with no root. Im rooted running CM10 and I get an error everytime I try and run it. ANy ideas what I can do besides unrooting my phone??? I would like to keep my root...Thx

I don't think it the root. I think it is Cyanogen. That is the true difference between your phones. Some apps don't play well with custom ROMs.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You're referring to Good for Enterprise: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.good.android.gfe&token=-jIcGWSr I assume? I realize that you don't have much choice in the matter, but that app has a 2.9 rating in the Google Play Store. Looking through the various comments I'm not surprised that you're having problems.

Anyway, depending on the security requirements of the app, I suppose that root could interfere with something that the app requires. I'd vote with the previous poster that suggested that you try the stock (rooted) ROM as your first option.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4