Safe time to try rooting my fascinate.

zagfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have ordered the SG3 I think I will try rooting for the 1st time on my soon to be extinct fascinate. I was too chicken to try it for the 1st time on a phone that I need on a daily basis.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Good thing about Samsung is they're probably the most hacker friendly devices and you can almost always odin your way back.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have ordered the SG3 I think I will try rooting for the 1st time on my soon to be extinct fascinate. I was too chicken to try it for the 1st time on a phone that I need on a daily basis.

It's really easy to root and ROM the Fascinate, I suggest reading the link below, it has everything you need. If you follow directions exactly as they are written, you will have no problems whatsoever. Try a GB ROM like Superclean first (section 2 of the thread), then if you are comfortable with the flashing process, try one of the ICS ROMS (section 4).

[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock - xda-developers

Good thing about Samsung is they're probably the most hacker friendly devices and you can almost always odin your way back.

So true...which is why I think the GSIII will be a fantastic device for "hackers" as well as "non-hackers"!

Reactions: zagfan

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You would be blown away by how much better the phone runs on ICS. One word of advice is to sync all of your contacts to your google account in settings menu. If you root and run CM7 or ICS rom, it will no longer be considered a verizon phone so your verizon backup would not work.

syrianrue

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Highly recommend AOKP. Had my fascinate like day 1 and have been on the long and crazy grind with this phone, but the community for sammy devices is just unheard of. There's a million options for roms. Had my froyo/gb/ics long before any "official" update came along. You will be surprised at how easy it is to fix this thing, i somehow managed to completely destroy my radio and couldn't get data at all, took like 5 mins in odin to get it back to normal. Oh and I would have to agree 100% with S14tat, ICS is soooo much better on this phone, than staying with the stock verizon (gb now?) bloated trash. Currently counting the days until i can finally say goodbye to this thing and have my white s3, rooted and hopefully running aokp.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Once you know how useful it is to root, and how easy it is, you will be doing it IMMEDIATELY with all your future phones.

True dat!

Highly recommend AOKP. Had my fascinate like day 1 and have been on the long and crazy grind with this phone, but the community for sammy devices is just unheard of. There's a million options for roms. Had my froyo/gb/ics long before any "official" update came along. You will be surprised at how easy it is to fix this thing, i somehow managed to completely destroy my radio and couldn't get data at all, took like 5 mins in odin to get it back to normal. Oh and I would have to agree 100% with S14tat, ICS is soooo much better on this phone, than staying with the stock verizon (gb now?) bloated trash. Currently counting the days until i can finally say goodbye to this thing and have my white s3, rooted and hopefully running aokp.

I thought I killed my fascinate at least 3 different times. Odin saved me every time. Samsung phones are almost impossible to brick.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

zagfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. I will report back and hopefully inspire others that are nervous about rooting for the 1st time.

zagfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Rooting was a piece of cake. Now trying to figure out titanium backup before I try flashing ROMs.

I'm much more confident knowing I have a new SIII coming soon.

Reactions: lpt2569

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy