Activations/Unlimited Data? Has Anyone Checked?

jeff1penny

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, since I haven't seen anybody that has received & activated their GS3 on Verizon post anything about this (unless I missed it).....but, after activating, has anyone logged back into their VerizonWireless manager to check to see that unlimited data is still active?

Just curious! ;)

npompei

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure that would be illegal as I signed a 2yr contract for this phone WITH unlimited data in the deal. They cannot renig on that. Now if you didnt preorder like some shmucks then yeah, youre screwed.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Multiple people have stated that their VZW account pages showing that they have renewed the S3 on contract have confirmed that unlimited remains.

People who are getting this phone in hand this morning are receiving contractual paperwork confirming their unlimited.

At least two of these people called Verizon this morning to make sure and were told that they could keep unlimited - one of these people had a CSR who made a mistake and kicked him off unlimited and yet the people at VZW were able to manually migrate him back to unlimited within minutes.

VZW's own Twitter feed stated on multiple locations that if you pre-order before 6/28 that you can keep unlimited.

Relax, OP. You'll be fine :D Now can we please put this conspiracy to rest already?

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with my neighbor, and he is PISSED. VZW didnt enter in his serial number into their system, so he had to wait all day before he could activate.

He just got off the phone and they are telling him the only way they will activate it is if he drops unlimited. He escalated to a manager who essentially told him to take it or leave it. The manager said, stop worrying, you use less than 1gb a month anyways.

He tried explaing his confirmation email had unlimited listed, they basically said too bad.

What should he do now?

Sent from my DINC2: Electric Boogaloo

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Go to a store and raise hell. And, slam them on Twitter -- sometimes you get a response. It's outrageous.

Agreed. Offering unlimited during pre-order and receiving confirmation (which we all received via email) that you can keep it... only to be told after you've been charged that you can no longer have it is called "bait and switch"

Which is illegal.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea no way would I let them do that to me. I would not get off the phone until It was fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with my neighbor, and he is PISSED. VZW didnt enter in his serial number into their system, so he had to wait all day before he could activate.

He just got off the phone and they are telling him the only way they will activate it is if he drops unlimited. He escalated to a manager who essentially told him to take it or leave it. The manager said, stop worrying, you use less than 1gb a month anyways.

He tried explaing his confirmation email had unlimited listed, they basically said too bad.

What should he do now?

Tell your friend to do this: :p :p :p

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbnEB9ntztY[/YT]

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

What should he do now?

Typical verizon bait and switch. Similar thing happened to me before. Just be persistent, firm and cordial. Has worked for me in the past few times. Otherwise, try contacting them via email, and if that doesn't work, contact an exec.

Flatland2D

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I just activated my S3 over the phone. The rep said I would lose unlimited because it's after the 28th. I told her that I preordered on the 6th and Verizon has said multiple times that I can keep unlimited. She said she can activate me on the 2 GB plan and file an Inactive Pricing Request to get my unlimited back. Said it shouldn't take more than 48 hours. Also said that she talked to her supervisor about it and got approval and that no other levels of approval would be necessary. I'll just have to wait and see. I'll raise hell if I don't get it back but I'm not going to stress about it for now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Flatland2D;1928065[B said:
]I just activated my S3 over the phone. The rep said[/B] I would lose unlimited because it's after the 28th. I told her that I preordered on the 6th and Verizon has said multiple times that I can keep unlimited. She said she can activate me on the 2 GB plan and file an Inactive Pricing Request to get my unlimited back. Said it shouldn't take more than 48 hours. Also said that she talked to her supervisor about it and got approval and that no other levels of approval would be necessary. I'll just have to wait and see. I'll raise hell if I don't get it back but I'm not going to stress about it for now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I really don't understand why everyone is calling customer service to activate their phones. Follow the instructions to do it online and you won't have any problems keeping your unlimited data (as long as your pre-ordered before the 28th).

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Activated by calling the automated line. Unlimited retained. Confirmed with call to Verizon and data usage widget.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MARQUISMARC

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I followed the supplied instructions and it did not work, I was automatically transferred to a customer service rep who was unable to help me get it activated, after 2 different phone calls at an hour each with 5 different customer service reps and managers, I was told that the only way I could activate my phone was if i switched to tiered data. After getting politely loud and stern with the manager I was told that was what they could do and basically take it or leave it. I told him I would rather ship the device back than go to tiered data and the conversation ended. I took the phone to a store and they were able to work with someone at corporate to keep my unlimited data, so now all is well.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yikes that sounds like a nightmare. It makes me wonder how many people they're going to successfully fool with this "bait and switch"...that's exactly what this is.