Overnight my battery went completely dead, which is suspect because I was at 60% when I went to sleep. So when I woke up I plugged it in and charged it for awhile then powered it on. It makes it to the home screen and I have about 10 seconds after that until it just completely freezes up.

The only app I installed last night was Beautiful Widgets (had it on my DX). I was able to uninstall that and still it's frozen. So I've tried to do a factory reset and it makes it all the way to the part where it says "shutting down" on the screen, then several minutes later it just goes back to the lock screen and is frozen. Anyone have any helpful suggestions prior to me taking it to Verizon?? Help.
    07-13-2012 12:56 PM
    If you haven't modded in any way and have tried a factory reset, I'd say Verizon is the next step.
    07-13-2012 12:59 PM
    No mods. Ugh- I hate going in to talk to those bozo's.
    07-13-2012 01:52 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    07-13-2012 04:08 PM
    This happened to me after I restarted the phone. VZW csr said it had to be an app but I really didn't download any thing out of the ordinary. So I put the phone in safe mode and everything worked as it should and did not freeze, I did a factory reset while in safe mode and everything went good. I have not had a problem since but I also have been afraid to restart the phone again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    cornfed likes this.
    07-13-2012 05:23 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    It's not a BlackBerry.....

j/k.....
    kst5768 likes this.
    07-13-2012 05:27 PM
    Went in to the store- thankfully the second employee who helped me actually knew how to do a hard reset and that worked. Volume up, home, and power buttons depressed at same time.
    At this point I'm pretty sure the Beautiful Widgets wifi and display widgets somehow are responsible- they were the last things I put on there then went to bed.

Phone back to normal. Thanks for all the suggestions. I love this forum.
    07-14-2012 02:35 AM
    Overnight my battery went completely dead, which is suspect because I was at 60% when I went to sleep. So when I woke up I plugged it in and charged it for awhile then powered it on. It makes it to the home screen and I have about 10 seconds after that until it just completely freezes up.

The only app I installed last night was Beautiful Widgets (had it on my DX). I was able to uninstall that and still it's frozen. So I've tried to do a factory reset and it makes it all the way to the part where it says "shutting down" on the screen, then several minutes later it just goes back to the lock screen and is frozen. Anyone have any helpful suggestions prior to me taking it to Verizon?? Help.
    Just FYI, I have beautiful widgets installed and no lock-ups, so that's probably not the cause.
    07-14-2012 05:01 AM
    Have you restarted the phone since the hard reset? To see if it freezes again.
    07-14-2012 06:13 AM
    Have you tried rebooting into Safe Mode?...oh wait

j/k

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    07-14-2012 06:32 AM
    I had the same problem just. Couple days ago. It turns out it was Not updates to the color app that was causing my problem.
    07-14-2012 09:50 AM
    Just FYI, I have beautiful widgets installed and no lock-ups, so that's probably not the cause.
    Maybe I will install it again then. I like the BW.... Thanks.
    07-14-2012 08:29 PM
    I also have all of the Beautiful Widget apps and have no problems with my SIII. Must have been a different app or apps.
    07-14-2012 08:47 PM
    Do you have an sd card installed? A corrupted file/file system can cause rebooting and freezing like you had.

Problems can also occur when a memory card is moved from one device to another without formatting it first, as there may be corrupted or incompatible files on the card that cause the new os to freeze, crash, and reboot/shutdown.
    cornfed likes this.
    07-14-2012 09:09 PM
    how do you go to safe mode never heard of this in a phone
    07-16-2012 12:44 AM
    Yeah I have had BW installed from last Monday when I got the phone and haven't had one problem with it. 60% and dead the next morning? I passed out at 9 last night with 32% battery and woke up and it had 9% left. I am completely stock too with 4G. If your battery drains that fast, you have some problems.
    07-16-2012 12:56 AM
    Do you have an sd card installed? A corrupted file/file system can cause rebooting and freezing like you had.

Problems can also occur when a memory card is moved from one device to another without formatting it first, as there may be corrupted or incompatible files on the card that cause the new os to freeze, crash, and reboot/shutdown.
    This seemed to work. Thanks!
    07-19-2012 10:09 AM

I agree!

This seemed to work. Thanks!
    This is why I love forums!!
    07-19-2012 10:13 AM
    Went in to the store- thankfully the second employee who helped me actually knew how to do a hard reset and that worked. Volume up, home, and power buttons depressed at same time.
    At this point I'm pretty sure the Beautiful Widgets wifi and display widgets somehow are responsible- they were the last things I put on there then went to bed.

Phone back to normal. Thanks for all the suggestions. I love this forum.
    Sheesh all I am able to do is screen captures ....
    07-19-2012 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD