How is the GPS on the Galaxy S3?

ringo234

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
My contract is up soon and I'm considering an iPhone5 or Galaxy3S. I love the MotionX GPS Nav app on iPhone does Samsung Galaxy S3 have anything as good.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
My contract is up soon and I'm considering an iPhone5 or Galaxy3S. I love the MotionX GPS Nav app on iPhone does Samsung Galaxy S3 have anything as good.

All Android-based phones come with free google navigation software. I like it way more than my Garmin GPS. Never used apple so I can't compare. There are other navigation apps on the market too but I like google's so I've never gone looking for anything else.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a number of nav apps.

There is of course Google maps, free and great list of points of interest. You must have a network connection to get it started. Once the route has started, it can continue working even if you go out of cell tower range (to some degree). This can base your route on traffic patterns online.

I also have CoPilot. This is a fully offline app (with some additional online features). It does a great job of routing. you can set preferences for road speeds and such. Reall nice for getting you from A to B if you don't care for Google or don't have cell coverage. CoPilot can look at traffic for routing also IF you pay a subscription.

I also have OSMand+ which is also offline maps. The maps are free and get updated often. The points of interest are worthless. The plus version has good routing. I mainly like this because of the forest roads and such for when I am riding my motorcycle.

There are many more, a lot of which I have tested and deleted.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Worked great originally but as time passed could not get a signal anywhere at anytime. Replaced recently and once again is working great. The Verizon tech said in most cases it is not software but a hardware issue. He recommended the replacement.

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just used the app for navigation that came preloaded while we were in AZ (from Phoenix to Grand Canyon)....not one sanfu!!! The part that does suck is it really drains the battery, so be sure you have a car charger and keep it plugged in. The maps app that comes preloaded works great too, used that several times over looking for places to eat and such

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699