Screen won't rotate at all

Jack-lee

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So far this is the absolute best phone I have owned hands down. I have a small but annoying problem of the screen not auto rotating, or rotating at all.

Yes I have auto-rotate checked, I did a G sensor cal both with it checked and not checked. I have tried Touchwiz, APEX, and Nova launchers and they all do the same thing which is nothing.

I have a feeling my G sensor is not broke It may be a software issue. All the other "S gestures" work such as making a call just by putting the phone to my ear when in the TXT screen.

Anyone else have this problem, or any suggestions would be appreciated. I would hate to take this phone back to VZW just to get a Referb but may have to if it won't rotate. Thanks

I just had this same problem, and I had planned on getting a replacement. Luckily I didn't have too cause all I had to do was bend my phone a bit lol.

tinytxtornado

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Ive just recently run into the same problem. My screen won't rotate and I have no idea why. All the boxes are checked etc. If anyone has the answer please share : )

Mehwish Aamir

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
😉 Great. It worked.... here

A friend of mine had that same issue. He did everything he could and was going to replace his phone but to fix it this is what he did.

Turned phone off
Put it into 'odin' mode
Pull the battery while in 'odin' mode, wait a minute.
Put battery back in and turn it on.

After that he said it starting rotating normal again.

Dont know if that will help just giving you info.

Edgemania

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Everyone is talking about a whole bunch of steps that they took before they took their battery out and waited 30 seconds. All these steps are unnecessary. All you have to do is turn your settings > display > turn off Auto-Rotate screen then take the battery out, wait 30 seconds or so, turn your phone on, turn Auto-Rotate screen on, and it should work. I had this problem and read so many suggestions all of them different with one similarity, everyone takes their battery out and waits 30 seconds. That is the main step. Hope this helps some people.

Thanks a bunch! The o oh