Can't download MMS pics - get "Load failed"

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I've noticed this happening pretty darn frequently and I can't seem to find the answer.

I received an MMS picture via a user with an Iturd - I can see the preview in the messaging thread but when I click the pic to open, I get a black screen with "Load failed!" in red letters.

I've checked all the settings I know of and now I'm unsure if this has happened with a non-Iturd MMS pic. I've disabled Wi-Fi and tried downloading via the mobile data connection but still no dice. I can email the pic from the messaging app to my gmail account and I can download it without any problems.

Anyone had this issue??

TIA!

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a different Gallery? And do you have an SD Card?

( I don't own this device, but possible answers)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a different Gallery? And do you have an SD Card?

( I don't own this device, but possible answers)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmmmm.....I am using QuickPic vice the stock Gallery. I do have aSD Card as well. I wonder if the culprit is QuickPic.....sum beaches.

anon(862554)

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Is your mobile data on? Pull down on your notification bar. The only time this happened to me is when I was on wifi but I had my mobile data off. The text came in fine but the pic fit didn't show up until I turned the mobile data on

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is your mobile data on? Pull down on your notification bar. The only time this happened to me is when I was on wifi but I had my mobile data off. The text came in fine but the pic fit didn't show up until I turned the mobile data on

Mobile data is on....I sure can't figure it out.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, it must be a QuickPic thing as I just re-enabled the Gallery and now I can download the MMS pics.

So, now that that is settled, anyone know of a setting in QuickPic that will allow MMS pic downloads?

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's quickpic. I had the same problem as you. I have the default gallery re-enabled just so I can see MMS pictures. I don't know how to set quickpic as the default for MMS.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's quickpic. I had the same problem as you. I have the default gallery re-enabled just so I can see MMS pictures. I don't know how to set quickpic as the default for MMS.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. I have deleted QuickPic and using the Gallery for now.

Denise Farris

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had this same problem... Turned ON my Mobile Data... It's works now....Thank you so so so much! I've called At&T, searched all over the web and driven 32 miles round trip 2 times for get help from the At&T store. I was told by the "professionals" Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhones are not compatible. I kept telling them when I first got the phone I had no problems receiving photo text and now there is a problem... I will always refer to this site for future help. Very grateful and appreciative.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure your friend isn't being a d!ck and sending you a 2-part pic that reads "Load Failed"? ...I did that to a friend with an iPhone for about 2 weeks...It was funny.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had this same problem... Turned ON my Mobile Data... It's works now....Thank you so so so much! I've called At&T, searched all over the web and driven 32 miles round trip 2 times for get help from the At&T store. I was told by the "professionals" Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhones are not compatible. I kept telling them when I first got the phone I had no problems receiving photo text and now there is a problem... I will always refer to this site for future help. Very grateful and appreciative.

Were you using QuickPic?

Lauren McKay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Can someone PLEASE help me....I still cant get my phone to download pics. My bf sends me pics all the time but it seems lately some of them wont download. I have my mobile data turned on&Ive tried with the wi-fi both on&off but still no success. And I have not clue what QuickPic is.

XFaega

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys receiving text with media from somone who has a iphone? If so they need to turn off imessaging so the media contents comes in normal instead of
encrypted. This worked for me. When my friend said that everytime he sent a media file on his iphone it sent as a imessage. I hope this helps somewhat.

Kevin Bott

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
guys i need help to -- having trouble seeing pics even with mobile data on. have no clue how to "reenable the gallery" or what quick pic is or means

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Based on my research of this issue it appears that you can't download MMS over wi-fi. I learned this with the Smart Actions app on my old Droid Razr. I had Smart Actions set to turn mobile data off when connected to wi-fi and could never download MMS when connected to wi-fi.

I downloaded Juice Defender on my GS3 and it did the same thing. It turned off mobile data when I was connected to wi-fi and I was unable to download MMS when connected to wi-fi. I turned off Juice Defender and I'm good to go.

Maybe something you did is doing the same thing.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87