The Hyperion 4200 battery

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this has been posted but the Hyperion battery is great. After about three full drains and charges I am going on over 15 hours and I'm at 61 percent. I recommend to everyone and they are available for cheap on amazon. I have been using the phone somewhat moderately and even have some weak signal where I work. my juice plotter app estimates over 14 hours left on battery depending how much use.

Update: August 26 2012. I did way more on my phone yesterday. Played games, browsing internet, texting, phone calls etc. I just woke played a few more rounds of a game and battery is still performing better than the stock. Last time I had used it lightly and got 48% by 3am. This time its 9am and I'm on 23% as of writing this. uploaded a second pic.
a6f853b5-2473-660f.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: broadwayblues

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
But what was done in those 15 hrs? Judging just off the screenshot it only looks like a bit of calls, maps and web browsing and not much else. Ive pulled min off the charger at 9pm and when I put it back on the charger the next night around 6pm still had 48% left with calls, web, txt, and games and I have a stock battery. My screen is at 75% brightness too.

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't browser or did anything the first part of the day. But I was in an area that did not have good reception where most phones don't work because I work on Fort Jackson so my phone was often looking for signal I did a lot more use when I got home. my screen is 100 percent brightness with live wallpaper

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Around 3 o'clock in the morning I have 48 percent left on my phone. At that point it was about 20 hours that have went by. I will be using my phone more today and will get back with more details.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see the point in fattening my phone.. I only use stock batteries.. I haven't charged since yesterday.. Ran hotspot for 2 hours so my daughter could watch Netflix on her Nook tab while we was out.. 15 calls, hundred or so messages, lots of browser use.. 19 hours later and I still have 50%... I always condition every battery before use and I find it makes the battery better...

Last edited:

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery makes my phone feel less flimsy. It also feels better in my hands
I've only had a battery for 3 days and I believe it will only get better as time goes by

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate bulky batteries tho plus I don't wanna spend the extra money to get cases for it either

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I paid 20 bucks for the battery and a great qcell cover for 5.99. It was a great deal.

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought the battery and will say it's great. I also bought the case, and the case sucks. Cheapest case ever and adds unnecessary bulk. The phone with the extended battery and no case is the exact same size as the Iphone 4s with a case on it. Smaller than the gs2 with a case on it. In other words, not an issue.

I keep trying to murder this battery and can not kill it in one day. I'm talking about couple hours of video, 4 hours screen on time with max brightness, no power savings, 4g, gps, and bluetooth blasting all day. And hour or so streaming Google Music and a few calls on top of that and I'm still going to sleep after 16 hours off the charger with around 40% charge left.

I'd say you can get 6 hours of screen on time over the course of a whole day with full brightness no problem.

The stock battery works great, but it is because the phone and OS is so efficient. It can last all day, but not with the screen on. I would be fine all week, but always have to reach for the charger on the weekends when I do not have to work.

For less than $20 its a no brainer. Anyone that has this phone should get one just to have it since it's so cheap. Long drives or plane rides why not.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have another phone they can take a pic of next to the s3 with the extended battery so we can see how it compares in size to another device?

bemasterized

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
One thing, does it come with NFC? I noticed that the stock battery had 'NFC' labels on it - figured if you do get a non-stock battery, then guess you might not be able to do S Beam and such?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeera