Suggestions on battery life

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Before I decide to go back to Iphone I wanted to give the Samsung phone one last try. First I really love the unit and its features. The bad part, is that I have the phone on Power Saving mode, bluetooth turned off along with Wifi when I need it and I still cannot get through 10 hours without recharging it. I thought of getting an extended battery but I love the Flip case which requires me to use their back case. It might sound silly but one of the main reasons why I bought this unit was because of the way the flip case looked with the unit.

For my last Droid which was a Droid X, I used a small battery pack that would recharge the unit but then found when I have limited space in the pockets, I stopped carrying it.

Am I missing anything else? I now love my Swiftkey 3 keyboard and got hooked on the predictive text feature.

samanthanielquel

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Install the app 'Easy Battery Saver' and check whether the issue is solved. This application will boost the battery life of your device.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like something is draining your battery .I would use an app as mentioned like Easy Battery Saver or GSam Battery Monitor and see whats using your battery

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I have had dozens of Android phones (because its a hobby) and all of them lacked severely in the battery department so I decided to try a RAZR Maxx and the battery is simply amazing. I lean towards being a heavy user and I can easily go a day and a half and that is with 6 hours of screen time and I have screen shots to back this up if necessary. I have had zero problems with it and signal strength trumps all of the other manufacturers hands down. My three children have IPhone 4's and their batteries don't even come close to the performance of the Maxx.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Agreed on the maxx battery life. I miss my Razr Maxx battery life. I even miss my HTC Rezound battery life compared to my GS3 battery life. There isn't much I don't like about my GS3 but battery life is horrible. My sons is the same way. With today's tech people are still talking battery saving apps? Lol! To be fair though I did get to 11 hrs on battery when I woke up today. Bad news is I was asleep for 7 1/2 hrs of it. Factory resets, partition cache wipes, turn off GPS and everything else ( normally wouldn't consider) to no avail.
Nice big screen needs nice big battery. Without compromising size.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Before I decide to go back to Iphone I wanted to give the Samsung phone one last try. First I really love the unit and its features. The bad part, is that I have the phone on Power Saving mode, bluetooth turned off along with Wifi when I need it and I still cannot get through 10 hours without recharging it. I thought of getting an extended battery but I love the Flip case which requires me to use their back case. It might sound silly but one of the main reasons why I bought this unit was because of the way the flip case looked with the unit.

For my last Droid which was a Droid X, I used a small battery pack that would recharge the unit but then found when I have limited space in the pockets, I stopped carrying it.

Am I missing anything else? I now love my Swiftkey 3 keyboard and got hooked on the predictive text feature.

...really?

Obsession

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My battery life on my s3 has been great I go all day with it being a charge. And yes I do use it, internet, games (except jetpack joy ride that kills the battery) phone calls, all with over 3 hours on screen time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

boostedfe3

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has been great!! I take my phone off charge at 530am and it goes back on the charger at 11pm. Usually I still have about 10% of battery left at this time. I consider myself as a heavy user also.

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Pretty interesting read in this thread. I myself somewhat find im a victim of the battery vampire. Granted I have the thing hooked up at my desk, in the car, and at home. So unless im out in a public place i always have juice. I'll give a few of these apps a try.

I know a few factors that can vary from person to person are:
How many Google Accounts do you have syching: I have 2 but account #2 is email only
Other synching applications: Twitter (hourly), Google voice (whenever it happens), Google Plus (No updating), Facebook (Hourly),Amazon Appstore (Now Disabled),

Drop box, Box, other cloude storage is there but not synching
Skype installed but only online as I need it
Gtalk Constantly.
Screen dimming is on middle with auto-dimming disabled.

Im curious what others have that running/installed that could possible drain
Did I mention LTE? :)

I am rooted and Unlocked.

RickG.

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Here a few things I have heard help.
1 try not using power saving mode. For whatever reason some people are saying it makes it worst. Doesn't make sense I know.
2 try going into the advanced settings under wifi and go under keep wifi awake and select never.

That's all I have :)

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The SIII has amazing battery life! You either have a detective battery (doubtful), or you're using your phone a lot and with intensive applications, or you've got a bad app. The latter is the most likely reason.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My battery has been great. Especially compared to the thunderbolt I came from.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I decided to keep the Samsung and I figured out what was causing the battery drain. I had lots of email addresses and I removed some apps. I also downloaded and paid for Juice Defender which is an awesome app and really helped to extend my battery. At the same time I ordered the Hyperion 4200 nAh battery but I am not sure that I need it anymore.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update to my thread. I downloaded the Juice Defender free app and it increased my battery life by a noticeable amount. I then paid for the Juice Defender Ultimate app and it said that the battery life has doubled. I can vouch for this because after a days work and then going to Disneyland for about 6 hours I still have 40% left on my battery from the day. Normally with minimal use, the battery would have been in the red at that time and would be telling me to recharge it ASAP.

I bught the Hyperion 4200 but then decided I would not need it. The juice defender ultimate did the job and I get to keep my case instead of moving to an extended battery case. It also helped for me to idenitfy which email accounts I wanted to sync instead of syncing 6 of them on this device.