Galaxy S III Issues

DeeWolfe

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I have been having some issues with my Galaxy S III over the last few days and was hoping someone here would be able to help. Today is my 24th day with the phone. Things started great for the most part but they have slowly been getting worse ever since.

First: I dropped 3 calls today. I have dropped several more calls at other times. I MAYBE dropped two calls on my Droid X for the almost 2 years that I used that phone. I did notice today that 2 of the drops seemed to be when the phone was changing from the 4G to the 3G service (but that isn't the case for all of the drops). Is there anything I can do about this? Nothing bothers me more than being on a business call and having a call dropped. I am in the car often and travel between 4G and 3G coverage often, and can't afford for this to constantly happen. This is a deal breaker for me with the phone.

Second: When I first got the phone I remember telling my wife it was faster than my computer.....WAS. It has slowly been getting slower, from the internet to sending messages. I use my Wifi at home and have reset the router and my other devices work fine so that doesn't seem to be the issue. But some websites I view from the phone are 75% slower than they were a few weeks ago. Maybe I should clean my browser history/cache?

Third: The battery life was incredible the first few days. It is progressively getting worse with each passing day. Now I realize some of this may be due to certain apps, etc. But I watch the battery usage and those aren't the problem. My "screen" is my biggest battery consumption according to the phone.

Fourth: The screen. I have been confused about this from day one and hopefully there is a setting I am missing someone can tell me about or a tip I can receive. It is set to timeout after 30 seconds of inactivity. Those are the quickest 30 seconds that I have ever witnessed. I have the smart stay feature on, that is supposed to recognize that I am looking at the screen and keep it on, and that just simply doesn't work. It constantly goes out on me while I am reading the screen. I see the eyeball looking symbol flash regularly in my notification bar which I believe is related to the smart stay feature, but that feature just isn't working. Oh and that other feature that has been in a lot of commercials lately, where you can swipe across the screen with your hand and capture the screen....that has never worked either. Maybe the two are related and the device is not recognizing something?

Another motion feature, the one where I can put the phone to my ear and it will dial the person whose information is on the screen....more often than not, I have to put it to my ear 3+ times for it to finally work. Last week, I tried that feature from a text message, but it didn't call the person I was texting with, instead someone I talked to hours before. Then I went my call log and pulled up my dads number, his info was clearly displayed on the screen so I put it to my ear...and it dialed the same number from hours before. Happened a total of 3 times that I called the wrong number by using the feature to put my phone to my ear and it is supposed to dial what is on the screen. Poor guy on the other end quit answering the phone knowing it was an accidental call. So I powered the phone down to fix that issue.

The S voice feature....garbage. Doesn't understand anything I say and I have to yell at the phone for it to hear me. Is there a setting I can change there?

Yesterday the eyeball looking symbol I referred to above stayed on constantly. The phone also seemed to run hotter and the battery life quickly drained. Any correlation there? Today the phone didn't timeout after 30 seconds several times. I sat and watched it, wondering why it wouldn't time it like it has always done, but instead I had to turn the screen off myself after a few minutes.

And finally I probably just need to take the auto adjust screen tone off, as the screen has always automatically adjusted brightness for no reason at all. No real rhyme or reason for the timing of brightening and dimming itself....does it randomly, even if the information displayed stays the same.

Hopefully most of this can be fixed with a few simple adjustments I can make and settings I can change. The dropped calls are the biggest issue though. The other issues are mainly annoyances. I just hate having such annoyances in the first 3 weeks of having a new phone. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice to make my experience with this phone much more enjoyable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez