Samsung S3 WiFi turning off and on continuously- how do I stop it.. HELP !!

93mustang50

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
:(Not sure I am in the correct area,if not please let me know where I should look for help. I have the Samsung S3 on Verizon network. Today my wifi at home turns it self off and on constantly. It will connect, less than 15 seconds later it turns off, scans, reconnects, disconnects, scans, reconnects and does this continuously. Thank you for any help that can be given. This is driving me crazy and I have read about this dialer thing and then a menu to disconnect powersaving on wifi, but I don't know how to get there. Thank you

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
:(Not sure I am in the correct area,if not please let me know where I should look for help. I have the Samsung S3 on Verizon network. Today my wifi at home turns it self off and on constantly. It will connect, less than 15 seconds later it turns off, scans, reconnects, disconnects, scans, reconnects and does this continuously. Thank you for any help that can be given. This is driving me crazy and I have read about this dialer thing and then a menu to disconnect powersaving on wifi, but I don't know how to get there. Thank you

Does the wifi actually turn itself fully off or does it just disconnect and reconnect every 15 seconds? If it does the later then it sounds like something is wrong with the WiFi signal since I had the same problem in my house. Swapped the wireless router and issue fixed. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:

1. Restart device (I know seems simple)
  2. Delete all known wifi connections and reconnect
  3. Turn off auto-notify
  4. Battery Pull
  5. All else fails, do a factory reset or go to Verizon

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It sounds to me like your S3 is hosed. I haven't seen another post like this in the S3 forums, but the exact same thing happened to me on my HTC Thunderbolt.
Regarding the menu item that you're looking for:uploadfromtaptalk1348803653415.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

pgreeny69

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue this week, and was driving me crazy. Ended up resetting my router and the problem was solved. Turns out my son's RAZR Maxx was doing the same thing. Try that and see if it fixes it. Haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
It sounds to me like your S3 is hosed. I haven't seen another post like this in the S3 forums, but the exact same thing happened to me on my HTC Thunderbolt.
Regarding the menu item that you're looking for:View attachment 38906

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Where is that menu? I had it pop up and I thought it was great...but it keeps shutting off my WiFi...I'm not with sprint, the YouTube video below is crap for me

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer