Still photo from video

LaxinFish29

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I know that they advertise this but I can't seem to do it.

I have the first release GS3s so is that my issue?

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I know that they advertise this but I can't seem to do it.

I have the first release GS3s so is that my issue?

Thanks!

Open the camera app, slide over to video and there should be a camera icon next to the record buttonuploadfromtaptalk1351142093058.jpg

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
you problem most likely is that in video mode you have anti-shake set to on. If you have anti-shake set to "on" in the video settings you will not be able to take still photos while shooting a video, dont ask me why. This is probably your problem. So go into video mode, select the settings icon and then slide down to anti-shake and turn it off.

LaxinFish29

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually the first response worked, didn't know it was there. I was just under the impression that you would be able to create still shots while watching the video playback. Basically take a video and pause it during playback to take a still from that.

Kind of like the commercial with the parents of a ballerina if you've seen it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There are apps that will allow you to take a still during video playback (do a search and you'll find at least one thread discussing that, because I remember making a suggestion about that before) but the Samsung feature is intended for use during capture.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually the first response worked, didn't know it was there. I was just under the impression that you would be able to create still shots while watching the video playback. Basically take a video and pause it during playback to take a still from that.

That was a One X commercial.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site

I've always played the video, paused it and then took a screenshot.