Keep getting "Sexual Predator Alert" email.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Does this happen to anyone else? Been happening for a month now, I get a notification and see the Sexual Predator Alert email in my drop down notifications, I click it and nothing there. It happens all day long. Maybe it was from a web page I clicked or app but I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

scott32746

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Look for app airbrush detector. It should help you determine which app is causing the problem

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Look for app airbrush detector. It should help you determine which app is causing the problem

Thanks I've tried that and other apps like it with no luck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I've tried that and other apps like it with no luck.

I go to my email on my laptop and mark it as spam. After that the only place I ever see them is in my junk folder. I believe you can also block an address with an antivirus app on your phone. Don't quote me, I'm not sure. I haven't had that issue because I have what I want blocked on my home computer so I don't see it on my phone.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I go to my email on my laptop and mark it as spam. After that the only place I ever see them is in my junk folder. I believe you can also block an address with an antivirus app on your phone. Don't quote me, I'm not sure. I haven't had that issue because I have what I want blocked on my home computer so I don't see it on my phone.

I don't think he's actually getting an e-mail, just has an app spamming him making it look like he has an e-mail. Try to think back to an app you installed right around the time it started happening. You have an app that is causing this. Could always do a factory reset, that'll fix it for sure.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think he's actually getting an e-mail, just has an app spamming him making it look like he has an e-mail. Try to think back to an app you installed right around the time it started happening. You have an app that is causing this. Could always do a factory reset, that'll fix it for sure.

I see. Question is if it shows as an email notification does it show up in emails on home computer or laptop?

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't show up in my email on my laptop or phone only in notifications. Then I click it and nothing there. See screen shot below. I've tried every ad search app with no luck.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352730489424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352730489424.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 38

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't show up in my email on my laptop or phone only in notifications. Then I click it and nothing there. See screen shot below. I've tried every ad search app with no luck.

I don't think those ad searchers are 100%, obviously you have something. Your only options are to start uninstalling apps one by one until it stops or do a factory reset if the spamware apps aren't finding anything. Have you tried more than 1 adware app?

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Keep getting "Sexual Predator Alert" email.

I have tried 4 different ad search apps with no luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you are rooted you can also hunt down the culprit through root browser possibly.

You mean something like Root Explorer? What would I do?

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I would click into it and see where it takes you. Maybe someone played a trick on you and signed your email up for alerts or something.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Keep getting "Sexual Predator Alert" email.

I have tried 4 different ad search apps with no luck.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean something like Root Explorer? What would I do?

I use rom toolbox. But you can use any that has a root directory included. Once your in root browser hit the search and type in what your looking for. Sometimes you have to type in different combinations like sex, sex predators, messages etc. Try the free version of rom toolbox.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
didnt think you people were allowed to have smartphones anyhow...... kidding! Definitely try airpush to find the apps pushing those notifications into your panel.

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I would look at the reviews of any free apps that you have installed recently. If people are complaining about stupid fake email notifications, you know what to uninstall. Don't forget to leave your own bad review when you track it down. That's how we keep crap like this in check.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez